Calvin: Part Two

Olivia refused to open the door to her house, as Vivian's lawyer pounded on the front door.

"He says that Vivian can just take him back! I have proof stating that Vivian gave up her rights to Calvin!" Olivia exclaimed into the phone as she paced back and forth in the living room.

"I'm also going through the court records right now, and it states that she did as well. She is probably regretting her decision and is hoping that she can just steal Calvin back and go about living her life. Tell the lawyer to leave." Casey spoke.

"But what if he doesn't leave?! He could claim that I'm kidnapping Calvin!"

"And you aren't! Olivia, just relax. Tell him to leave, call Elliot, and then call Trevor. He needs to know what is happening."

"Okay." Olivia whispered. She hung up before shoving her phone into the pocket of her sweatshirt. She opened the door, and Mr. Cooper stared her down.

"I just called the police. If you do not give me the boy right now, they will arrest you! I can promise you that!" He yelled.

"I was told to tell you to leave. I know you didn't call the cops because you have been too busy pounding on my door. So remove yourself from my property and I won't have to call my partner to come down here and forcibly remove you." Olivia spoke, her voice shaking a bit as the words left her mouth.

"You can't-"

"Vivian gave Calvin up. I have the paperwork, and I got permission from a judge to adopt Calvin. He's mine. So get the fuck off my front stoop before I kick your ass." Olivia spat.

///

Vivian's lawyer finally left Olivia's front steps when Elliot pulled up with sirens and lights going. Elliot followed him and gave him a good talking too. Olivia waited for Elliot to be done, and then she opened the front door and let him in.

"You don't look too good." Elliot frowned as he gently wiped a tear from Olivia's cheek.

"I'm terrified, El. I can't lose Calvin. He's my kid. I love him more than I have ever loved anything before." Olivia whispered.

"Does he know what's happening?"

"No... at least I don't think so. Nick has both kids in our bedroom and they are watching a movie and eating a ton of cereal right now." Olivia sighed.

"I think you should talk to the kids, give them a heads up. Even if Calvin stays with you and you adopt him, this is still scary. Zara is just a little thing, and if she loses her big brother, she will be incredibly lost." Elliot frowned. Olivia nodded slowly before hugging her friend tightly.

"Thanks for coming over to scare him... but wait. What did he tell you?" Olivia asked, as she leaned back quickly.

"He didn't tell me much. He said that he'll leave, but he will be back soon. We just have to wait and see when he'll show up."

///

Olivia was awake all night. She sat in the living room and stared out the front window, wondering when Vivian and her lawyer would show up to steal her son. She had been raising Calvin for a year, and it was as if she had raised that boy since the moment he was born.

"Babe." Nick yawned as he came into the living room.

"Go back to bed." Olivia replied.

"You can't stay up all night." Nick spoke.

"I can, and I probably will." Olivia huffed a bit.

"Hey, don't get angry at me. I'm just worried about you. You need to sleep, especially after the day you had! So please, baby, go to bed. Cuddle up next to me and we can try to get some sleep. Okay?" Nick frowned, but then the room became loud.

The front window was broken by a brick, and Olivia jumped up and grabbed the baseball bat that she had laid on the table. 

"Go get Calvin and Zara!" Olivia yelled, as she went sprinting to the front door. She swung it open and ran down the sidewalk and in the direction of a person dressed and all black. They were running too, but Olivia was quick to catch up to them.

She dived onto them before rolling them over and pinning the stranger to the ground. Both were panting, and Olivia was having a hard time trying to identify who was underneath her.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" She screamed.

"GET OFF OF ME, BITCH!" The person yelled, and Olivia shook her head as she felt the urge to punch them.

"Vivian, I swear to fucking God! Why the hell would you break my front window!? Did you honestly think I'd be sleeping, and then you could sneak in and steal my kid?! You truly are dumb as fuck!" Olivia yelled.

"He's my son!"

"YOU GAVE HIM UP!" Olivia screamed, before smacking Vivian across the face. She kept her pinned, and within a few moments, a cop car came racing down the street. It came to a stop beside Olivia and Vivian, and one of the officers got out.

"Hey!" He yelled, as he started to shove Olivia off of Vivian.

"I am Detective Olivia Benson with Manhattan Sex Crimes. The alarm that you are responding to is at my house. This woman threw a brick through my front window in an attempt to kidnap my son! If you dare put your hands on me again, I will have your job. Do you understand me!?"

///

A few months after Vivian's attempt to take Calvin from Olivia, everything came to a good end. 

"You are officially a Benson, sweet boy." Olivia breathed, as she hugged her son tightly. 

"I love you, Mom." Calvin sobbed, as he buried his face into his mother's shoulder.

"I love you too, babe. Thank you so much for trusting me and letting me love you. It's an honor to be your mother."