All I Ask: Part Two

It was as if they never existed as more than just partners. As if Elliot never kissed every inch of Olivia's body, or told her he loved her. It was as if they were just friends that had no true feelings about each other.

Elliot woke up every morning following the affair and almost regretted the fact he wasn't laying beside Olivia. He went along with the act he had taken part in for the last twenty years. Kathy had asked to start therapy, and Elliot hesitantly agreed. He didn't have the energy to go through a divorce and tell Kathy that he was in love with Olivia. That he'd rather be with her.

"Morning, Benson." Elliot spoke softly as he walked into the squadroom.

"Hey, El." Olivia replied shyly. They were the only two people in the room, so the tension was clear. Olivia was so used to never being alone with Elliot anymore that the moments they were alone were awkward and incredibly difficult.

"So, Kathy and I are starting therapy tomorrow. We are going to get back on track in our marriage." Elliot sighed as he took his jacket off and hung it on the back of his chair.

"Good for you two." Olivia frowned as she kept her eyes locked on the computer screen.

"Liv, I wish we could talk again. Like we used to." Elliot breathed, as he continued to look at Olivia even if she wouldn't look at him.

"Elliot, please don't."

"Don't do what?! Olivia, I know we did things we shouldn't have, but-"

"Elliot, I'm pregnant."

///

The news shocked Elliot, and he didn't know how to respond. He just stared at his best friend and tried to process what he had been told. The rest of the crew arrived just minutes after Olivia told Elliot about her secret, so they couldn't discuss it at the moment.

Elliot seemed to walk around in a fog all day, and by the end of his shift, Olivia left before he could even snap out of it and follow her.

"Where's Liv?" Elliot asked once he finally got control of himself.

"She left a few minutes ago. Why?" Fin asked, as he tugged on his jacket.

"I really need to talk to her... elevator or stairs?" Elliot replied as he stood and grabbed his own jacket.

"Ele-" Fin didn't get to finish, because Elliot was running from the room.

He took the stairs two at a time, as he tried to get to Olivia before she drove away for the night. 

"Olivia!" Elliot yelled once he got outside. Olivia had stopped to send a text, so she grabbed Elliot's arm when he completely missed her and tried to find her car.

"I'm right here, El."

Elliot took a moment to catch his breath before finally speaking again.

"We need to talk."

"Yeah, I know we do. But I guess that since what happened is a secret, we don't have to. I don't want to ruin your marriage." Olivia whispered as a few officers walked past them.

"I can't just forget about this, Liv. It's not something that will just go away. Unless-"

"I'm keeping it, Elliot. When the test came back positive, I made that decision. I have wanted a baby my whole life, and it's finally happening."

///

Olivia said that they had little more to talk about at the moment, and everything else could be discussed at a later date. They had eight months before the baby would be there.

Elliot went home, and all he could think about was the fact Olivia was pregnant. That his best friend was pregnant with his child, but he would have to admit to having an affair to even be a part of the kid's life.

"Are you going to come in or sit on the swing all night?" Kathy asked, which scared Elliot. He was lost in his thoughts, so hearing his wife's voice was a shock.

"N-no, I'm not. But I think we need to talk."

"Okay, about what?" Kathy mused, as she settled down beside Elliot.

Elliot grabbed his wife's hand and intertwined their fingers together as he tried to plan out what to say. 

"You cheated on me, huh?" Kathy whispered. She wasn't surprised, yet she wasn't happy about it either. They were trying to make their marriage last for the sake of Eli and their older children, but this changed things up.

"Kathy, I promise you it wasn't planned."

"Who did you fuck?" Kathy asked softly, since Eli was just inside the house. He probably had earbuds in, so he wouldn't hear this fight, but Kathy still wanted to be careful.

"Kathy, please." Elliot begged.

"Was it one of your ADAs? Or an officer? Who-"

"I slept with Olivia."

"O-olivia? Olivia Benson, the godmother to our youngest son? The one who said a speech at our anniversary dinner?" Kathy whimpered, and Elliot swallowed hard before nodding slowly.

"Yes, that Olivia. We had a weeklong affair when you were out of town with Eli. We ended things when you notified me of your return and haven't talked about it sense. Until today, though."

"What made you talk about it today? Is she pregnant or something?!" Kathy hissed, as she stood up and paced the deck.

"Uh..."

"Elliot Stabler, did you knock Olivia up?!" Kathy yelled.

"Yeah, I did. And I'm so sorry."

/// 

Olivia tied off her robe, as someone kept knocking on her door. The first trimester was still kicking her ass, so she was already in bed and it was only nine.

"What do you want?" Olivia yawned loudly, as she only opened her door as far as the chain would allow.

"Liv, I kinda need a place to stay." Elliot frowned, as he rested his head against the door frame and stared at Olivia.

"You told Kathy, huh?"

"I couldn't hide this from her any longer, Liv. So I told her and she kicked me out." Elliot sighed. Olivia shut the door and took the chain off before letting Elliot into her apartment.

"You could have waited to tell her. I'm still not that far along, so something could go wrong." Olivia spoke.

"I don't want anything to go wrong, Liv." Elliot spoke before absently reaching out and touching her flat stomach.

Olivia looked down to where Elliot's hand was before stepping forward and forcing him into a hug.

"I don't want anything to go wrong either... but until you can figure things out, my home is yours."

Book?