The Man in the Red Sweater: Final Part

Olivia sat there quietly, unsure of what else to talk to her daughter about. There had been 13 years where they never talked or knew if the other was alive. Now it was like no words could come. As if all her questions weren't floating around in her head anymore.

"Momma?" Audrey asked, as she leaned forward a bit and looked over at her mother. Olivia swallowed hard before turning her head to look at her daughter.

"Was there a doctor or midwife around when you were pregnant with Paisley? When you were in labor?" Olivia asked as she got flashes over her own incredibly hard labor and pregnancy with Audrey.

"Mom-"

"Audrey, just tell me. Please. I have so many questions that need answers. Even if the answers will make me feel ill." Olivia replied. She reached out and grabbed her daughter's hand before squeezing it tightly.

"Clay was the only one there when Paisley was born. And the only medical help I got while pregnant was when He wanted to find out the gender of the baby. They only wanted girls to be born. A few girls got beaten until they lost their sons." Audrey breathed, and Olivia felt her mouth grow dry and a lump developed in her throat.

"Who is He?" Olivia asked.

"He? Uh... he's the man in the red sweater. He always got it caught on windows as his calling card of sorts." Audrey replied as she went to stand. She knew her mother was uncomfortable, and she didn't want to make matters worse.

"Tell me his name, Audrey. Please. I beg of you." Olivia spoke. 

"Momma, I can't tell you his name. I don't want you to find him and hurt him... then get in trouble. Not since I just got to be back here with you and Daddy." Audrey breathed.

"Can you stay out here with me for a bit? So we can talk a bit longer?" Olivia asked quietly.

"Of course, Momma. But please let me ask some questions... I have so many things I want to know. Like why you and Daddy didn't have any other kids..." Audrey breathed, as she sank back down beside her mother.

"It was because we didn't want people to think that we were replacing you with a new baby."

///

Olivia and her daughter stayed up all night and talked. This was the first time that they were able to actually talk about mature adult stuff, instead of which princess Audrey wanted to be for Halloween.

But by the time the sun started to rise and Elliot's alarm went off, they were both dozing on the couch. Audrey's head laying on her mother's lap.

"Liv?" Elliot whispered as he came out of the bedroom. He looked around the living room before his eyes fell onto his wife and daughter on the couch. Tears welled in his eyes because he never thought he'd ever see this. They had both accepted that they would never have their daughter in their lives.

"El? What's wrong?" Olivia asked quietly, as she opened her eyes and looked at her husband.

"This is just amazing... uh, I'm gonna take her to bed and then you and I have to get ready," Elliot replied.

"I'm not getting up till she wakes up. Elliot, this is our child, and I don't want to leave her side for anything." Olivia breathed.

Elliot walked over and sank down beside his wife and kissed her temple softly before reaching down and brushing a piece of hair away from Audrey's forehead.

"Elliot, Clay was the only one there when Paisley was born. She only got medical care when they went to see what gender the baby was. If it would have been a boy, she would have been beaten until the baby died. Elliot, I told her that I wanted these answers, but I don't think that I actually wanted them. I could keep seeing when the doctor kept telling me that Audrey's heartbeat was getting slower. Or when they kept saying they might need all the means possible to revive her." Olivia whimpered. She rested her head against her husband's shoulder as tears made their way down her cheeks.

"Babe-"

"We need to get this guy. We need to get the rest of these kids out of where this hellish place is. Make sure that they get back to their parents and families."

///

It was a weird experience for Clay and Audrey. They sat in a room and talked about what had happened. They talked about the man and what he did to them. Then they tried their best to give the location of the compound that they lived on for 13 years. The same one that their child was born on.

Olivia and Elliot watched the interview and got more information than they had started off with. They learned a little bit more about the man who had demanded that the kids call him Father. They also learned about the woman who helped the Man in the red sweater take care of the children.

But after they learned more, Olivia and Elliot took Clay, Audrey, and Paisley to the hospital. Olivia went in with Audrey and held her hand as she had to get examined and her blood drawn.

"Momma." Audrey whimpered, as she got her blood drawn.

"You have always hated needles. I'm just glad that you haven't changed completely." Olivia sighed. She ran her fingers through her daughter's hair as they finished drawing the blood. Once they were done, and the nurse left, Olivia stood in front of her daughter and looked her straight in the eyes.

"Momma, I'm sorry that I didn't fight back." Audrey sighed softly.

"You were seven, baby. I have a few things that I need to say though."

"Okay?" Audrey asked.

"From this day on, I will never fight with you. I will never wish that I never had you. I will make sure to call you every day and tell you that I love you with all my heart and soul. Because even if that man took you from me so many years ago, I will make up for those years apart. I will never let anything bad happen to you, Clay, or Paisley."

Hey guys! Sorry for the bad chapter. Please vote and comment all of your feedback below. :|