Addiction

Olivia and the whole crew were running around like crazy, trying to deal with the incredible amount of cases that came in tonight. Amanda was throwing up, but she refused to leave. Fin was his usual cranky self. Nick and Carisi were probably the only two calm and collected detectives that Olivia had to work with. However, her fiance Brian was supposed to be here helping, but he wasn't picking up his cell and it made Olivia nervous.

"Fin, can you come take care of this?" Olivia asked, as she crossed her arms over her chest, as she stood up from one of the desks she had cleaned off just for tonight.

"Yeah, gotcha boss." Fin spoke, and Olivia quickly ran into her office and shut the door. She grabbed her phone and quickly dialed Brian's number. Not only was he supposed to be here, he was supposed to drop their daughter off at Lucy's before he came in. But she didn't even know if he managed to do that.

"Uh, Brian. It's almost 8, and you were supposed to be here an hour ago. It shouldn't take more than ten minutes to drop Serena off at Lucy's and to get here. Hurry up, please. We barely have anyone here, and Amanda is sick. I want to send her home, but you gotta get your ass here before." Olivia spoke, before hanging up. She shoved her phone into her pocket, but then she quickly pulled it back out and went and sat at her desk.

She hit a name before putting her phone to her ear, as she played with her engagement ring.

"Stabler." Elliot answered, and she sighed.

"I know you are on vacation, but can you do me a favor?" She asked quickly, and Elliot laughed.

"I guess I can. I'm at the hospital anyway. Not much of a break." Elliot replied.

"What happened?" She questioned.

"Lizzie is in labor. It's going to be a long night and I'm just in the way."

"Are you sure? My favor involves going to my apartment and checking on Brian and Rena." She spoke.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll go over and make sure everything is okay. But why wouldn't everything be okay?" Elliot questioned, and Olivia sighed deeply as she ran her hand through her hair.

"Brian was supposed to come in a couple of hours ago, after he dropped Serena off at the sitter's, but he hasn't showed up. I can't leave, and you are my friend, and Serena's godfather. I thought you could do this for me." 

"Of course. I still have the key, so I won't have to kick the door in." He laughed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, call me when you find something out."

///

The flow of people calmed down around two in the morning. Olivia finally sent Amanda home, while the others slept either at their desks or in the cribs. Olivia had shut a few lights off so if they wanted to sleep at their desks they could do it easier. Olivia was barely awake at her own desk, when her office door was opened slowly. She looked up and saw Elliot carrier a sleeping Serena in his arms. She stood quickly and walked over and grabbed her daughter.

"Where's Brian?" Olivia asked, and Elliot frowned. He grabbed her arm and led her to the couch. He forced her to sit down, and then he gently tucked some of her hair away from her face.

"Liv, he's gone." He breathed, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, he was there this morning. Where would he go?" She questioned quickly.

"No I mean he's dead, love. He overdosed." Elliot spoke is as comforting of a voice as possible. His best friend just lost her fiance, the father of her child, one of her best friends.

"He isn't addicted to any drugs! He couldn't have!" She started to sob, as her year old woke up and started to cry too.

"There was needle in his arm. He had all the classic signs of a heroin overdose." Elliot breathed, and Olivia stood up with her daughter and left the room. She ran towards one of the interrogation rooms to cry, and he didn't follow. She needed her space.

///

Olivia went home, without Serena, and she slowly searched her apartment. She found a lot of heroin. In the bathroom, under their mattress, in Serena's room. She found it in places where their daughter could easily get a hold of it, but he didn't care. He was too crazy to realize that he could've killed their daughter because he was just looking for another place to hide more.

"Here is everything that my fiance had been hiding." Olivia breathed, as she sat an evidence bag on Tucker's desk. She sat back once the bag touched the desk, and she crossed her legs.

"There is so much here." Tucker spoke, and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah, there is." She whispered, and he frowned.

"Are you okay?" He questioned, and she shook her head.

"No, I'm not. But I will be. I just have to focus on getting enough energy to wake up everyday and take care of my daughter, and I have to remember to breath and eat. It's hard, but I'm doing it." Olivia spoke, and he nodded slowly as he leaned back in his chair.

"We are going to pay for his funeral." He spoke, but Olivia shook his head.

"He's a dirty cop. You aren't paying for his funeral." Olivia spoke, and Tucker sat forward and watched her for a moment.

"He had an addict-"

"He may have did more." Olivia spoke, as she stood up and went to leave.

"What more?" He questioned.

"Check out his personal bank accounts. I love him, and that will never change. But he could've killed my daughter, and I can never forgive him for that. I can't forgive him for leaving me."

///

Elliot sat next to Olivia, as she drank coffee on her front stoop.

Serena was upstairs with Elliot's son Eli, since Olivia moved in with Elliot and Eli after Brian died. Elliot wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close.

"I don't know why I miss him." Olivia sighed, as she laid her head against his shoulder.

"Because he gave you Serena. Because you loved him." Elliot spoke, and Olivia shrugged.

"Maybe, but even if he is dead, I still can't think about all the good. Only the fact that he hide heroin in our daughter's room." Olivia frowned.

"Well, I'm here with you right now. I'll help, no matter what. Just tell me how to help." Elliot spoke, as he gently kissed her hair.

"Just hold me."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D