A Drunken Night

In Atlantic City, Olivia and Elliot gambled and got wasted. So very wasted. They got so drunk and were laughing about what it would be like to be married to each other. How the guys would think it was hilarious, so they did.

Now Olivia laid in bed beside Elliot while he continued to sleep, and she stared at the gold wedding band on her left ring finger. She slipped it off before turning it around a few times between her fingers. She wasn't as drunk as she was last night, and she was freaking out that this really was all legal. That they couldn't just go home and not have to worry about what they did.

"Hey," Elliot grumbled once he woke up. He was very much hung over, so he didn't feel like talking.

"Hi," Olivia replied quietly. He rolled over onto his side and looked at her. His eyes saw the ring in her fingers and sighed.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Do you not remember what we did last night? Because I do, but it's foggy." Olivia breathed.

"No, I don't really remember much. All I know is that I drank way too much." Elliot spoke. He ran his hand over his face before stopping when he felt the cold metal of his own wedding band hit his skin. He stopped moving and just froze there beside Olivia.

"El?" She asked.

"Who did I marry last night? Because I'm pretty damn sure that I wasn't married before we came down here..." Elliot spoke.

"I think we got married." Olivia breathed, and Elliot jumped from the bed as if it was infested with bed bugs. Neither of them seemed too bothered by the fact they woke up in the same bed because they were fully clothed, but thinking about being married bothered both of them.

"We are married? What the fuck?!" Elliot exclaimed, and Olivia eyed him as she climbed out of bed and pulled her dress down so it wasn't showing an area that she didn't want Elliot to see.

"I guess you regret marrying me... Good to know." She huffed. She walked over and grabbed the bag she brought with them. They had just decided on gambling for a few days before heading back to start work again after their long weekend. Now it is a weekend that led them to getting married.

"Liv-" Elliot started, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, dude. No. I'm sure it isn't binding. Let's just retrace our steps and find where we got married. We can just get this annulled if it is binding." Olivia spoke, before going into the bathroom and getting changed.

///

Olivia sat on the curb outside of the Elvis themed wedding chapel. Elliot was still inside trying to argue with the man who performed the ceremony, but he was getting nowhere. Olivia was feeling incredibly unwanted because even though neither of them had anticipated getting married, Elliot seemed very offput by being married to Olivia.

"They can't do anything about it," Elliot grumbled as he sank down beside Olivia. She nodded slowly before looking over at her car.

"I guess we need to get this annulled. We can head back to Manhattan and start the process. It'll be quick and easy." Olivia replied.

"I'm just shocked, Liv... We came down here as friends, just wanting to use our long weekend to have some fun... instead, we are heading back to Manhattan with gold bands on our fingers telling everyone that we are married."

"Just take it off. You make it seem like it's glued to you." Olivia huffed a bit.

"I've tried, it's too small." Elliot groaned, before showing Olivia that he couldn't get the band off over his knuckle. Olivia stood and walked over to her car and unlocked it. She grabbed some lotion and walked back before handing it to Elliot.

"This is all we have right now. Once it's off, give it to me and I'll see if we can just return it." Olivia spoke. 

They sat in silence for a few minutes before Elliot finally noticed that Olivia was truly upset.

"You know, I guess this isn't too bad. You and I could just be married. Doesn't mean that we have to live together or start having kids." Elliot smiled.

"You don't want to be with me, so that is how it's gonna be. We should just head back. I'll drive and you can figure out how to get your ring off."

///

The whole drive was awkward. Olivia was completely silent, she didn't even hum along to the songs that she knew. Elliot watched, and he started to wonder if he should just tell her that he wanted to be married to her. It was a mistake they made on a drunk night in Atlantic City, but they could get something good from it.

They wouldn't have to go home to empty apartments at the end of each night, and they could learn to love each other in a way that wasn't the way they loved each other right now. They might just need this to actually attempt a relationship. 

Elliot continued to think about this until Olivia pulled up to his apartment building and parked outside.

"Did you get the ring off yet?" Olivia asked, and Elliot looked at her for a moment before sighing softly.

"Let's stay married." He spoke, and her eyes went wide.

"What?" She asked.

"Let's stay married. It's not like it can do any harm. We can move in together so we don't have to go home alone, but we don't have to do anything. Like I can sleep on the couch and we can just date before we decide we are ready for the marriage stuff."

"Are you lying to me? Because I'm not in the mood if you are lying to me."

"I'm not, Liv." He smiled, before reaching over and grabbed her hand. He smiled at her before seeing her sigh.

"So you really want to stay married to me... you want to be married to me of all women in New York?" She asked. He smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. I guess that this is a good thing. One drunken night led me to not being single anymore and letting me go home to a place where I can actually talk to a person and not myself."

"If in a year we aren't happy, maybe we should actually end it. Okay?" Olivia breathed.

"Okay. But we stay friends in the end... and partners."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D