A Deadly Weekend

Amanda kept her head down as a few tears made paths down her cheeks. Today was the anniversary of something she didn't celebrate, but instead, she grieved almost.

"Rollins?" Dominick questioned, gently. He had noticed his wife's demeanor change since the moment she asked what the date was.

"Y-yeah?" She asked, not lifting her head at all.

"Are you okay? You were fine this morning when we left home, but now you don't seem so good." Dominick breathed.

"I'm fine. I think I'm going to call the sitter and see how Jesse and Gia are." Amanda spoke. She stood up from her desk and walked out of the squad room. But she didn't have her phone. She wasn't going to check up on her daughters, she was going to go sit in their car and cry and think about the horrible thing that happened 15 years ago in Atlanta.

///

15 Years Ago

Lake Carlton, Loganville, Georgia

Amanda Rollins climbed out of her boyfriend's dusty old green pickup truck. She smiled as she quickly ran away from the car and towards the lake. As she neared it, Liam wrapped his strong arms around her stomach and lifted her off the ground as she laughed.

"Liam! Put me down!" She yelled as she tried to kick him, but her legs weren't really making contact with his legs.

"Not until you say you love me, Mandy! Just give in and say it!" He laughed.

"Liam!" She yelled, but he didn't let her down. He carried her with one arm back to the truck and started to put her in the car.

"We are going back home, Mandy. You singlehandedly ruined our entire weekend!" He yelled back. Amanda squirmed a bit before giving in.

"I love you, Liam Daniel Jones!"

"There, was that too hard?" Liam laughed, as he sat her on her feet. She turned around to look at him and sighed.

"Very hard. Now, can we stay?" She questioned, as she wrapped her arms around his body. She stood on the tip of her toes and placed her lips against his. He nodded to answer her question before snaking his arms around her small body. The kissing got deeper and more passionate, but then the sounds of another pickup truck stopped them.

"The guys are here. Why don't you go change, and you and I can go swimming with the rest of them." Liam smiled.

"If you insist." She grinned.

///

Amanda and Liam spent the day swimming in the lake and playing chicken with their friends from school. The boys started a bonfire and they cooked hotdogs over the fire. But by the time the girls had started to grow tired, the guys were wanting to go fishing again.

"Liam, just be careful, okay?" Amanda frowned, as she handed him his fishing pole.

"I'll be okay, Mandy. Just go into the cabin and sleep. Don't worry about me." Liam smiled. He leaned down and kissed her, before taking his shirt off and passing it to her. She pulled it on over her bikini and sighed as she watched him pushing the boat off the shore and all his friends jumped in and started to paddle away.

"Come back before dawn, okay?!" Amanda yelled.

"I promise! I love you, Mandy!" Liam smiled.

"I love you too!" She called back. Amanda bit her lip as she watched the guys paddle away and she frowned when they got too far into the darkness to see them.

"Mandy, are you coming?" Lindy asked. Amanda turned around and nodded.

"Yeah." She breathed. Lindy wrapped her arm around Amanda's waist as they headed up from the shore and towards the cabin.

///

Amanda fell asleep on the loveseat, all curled up and sleeping peacefully. She didn't wake up until the sun started to rise and the bright morning light seeped into the room. She sat up and stretched, but when she looked to see if Liam was sleeping beside her on his sleeping bag, she noticed he wasn't there.

"Liam?" She questioned, before standing and heading towards the front door. That's when it opened and Liam's best friend, Ronnie, opened the door.

"Mandy." He breathed.

"Are you guys just getting back? Where's Liam?" She questioned. Then she noticed a few cops standing next to the boat.

"W-what happened?" She whispered.

"Liam fell into the water last night. We had been drinking and he couldn't swim back to the boat in the dark." Ronnie whispered. Amanda felt the tears start running down her cheeks, and she went running past Ronnie and to the boat.

Tyler and Jimmy tried to grab her, but she avoided their arms. She got to the boat and stood beside the officers as she looked in at her dead boyfriend.

"No, Liam." She croaked out.

"Are you Amanda Rollins?" An officer asked, as he leaned forward and pulled the sheet back over Liam's lifeless body.

"Y-yeah. I'm his girlfriend." She whimpered.

"We are going to take you to the station. Call your mother to come to get you."

"She's not in town..." Amanda whispered.

"Your father? Grandparents?"

"My Daddy is..." 

That was the last thing Amanda said. She was shutting down and wanting to die. She was in love with Liam, and now she had to try and live without him.

///

Present

Dominick found his wife sitting in their car crying. He opened the passenger side door and climbed in, before pulling his wife as close as he could and just held her. He hadn't seen her this bad in a while, well actually he saw her this bad last year around this time.

"Amanda, what's wrong?" Dominick asked.

"Well before I met you, I had a boyfriend named Liam. He and I were in love, and we were planning a future together. We wanted kids and we were going to buy his Dad's tackle shop and run that together." She whispered.

"He broke your heart, didn't he?" Dominick asked.

"Yeah. Kinda... uh, we were in my hometown at this lake. He and I spent the day there with our friends and then before bed, even after the sun had set, he and his friends left to go fishing. They loved night fishing."

"Ama-"

"He fell out of the boat and was really drunk. He couldn't swim back to the boat. His friends managed to find his body and bring it back to shore, but he was gone."

"Babe, I'm so sorry," Dominick whispered.

"Today is the anniversary of his death. I should've told you before, but I don't like thinking about it. But then it just hit me harder than the other years this year, because you and I have another baby together and I'm really moving on."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D