All I Ask

Olivia slowly opened her door and felt her cheeks grow warm when she locked eyes with Elliot. He stood there with half a dozen roses and a bottle of red wine in hand.

"Elliot, what are you doing here?" Olivia asked shyly, as she hide behind her partially open door.

"We got into it earlier, and I wanted to apologize... to make sure you know I don't hate you for what you said."

"I told you the truth, El. And if you want me to apologize for that, it will not happen." Olivia sighed weakly.

"No, I don't expect that. You were right, and I am delusional. We are falling out of love, and you noticed it long before I did." Elliot frowned. Olivia looked her partner over for a moment before opening the door wider and letting him in.

"Come in, El. We can get drunk and talk."

Elliot and Olivia finished the bottle of wine before moving to another. By the time they had talked about everything, Elliot was drunk and Olivia was too. 

"I should probably go home." Elliot slurred as he stood slowly.

"And get into an accident? I think not. Just stay here." Olivia yawned before she stood and walked towards her bedroom.

Elliot was very much out of it, so he followed Olivia into her room. When Olivia turned around from changing into her nightshirt, Elliot was standing there and watching her.

"What the hell are you doing in here?!" She spat.

"Oh! I thought you wanted me to follow you. I'm sorry!" Elliot exclaimed, before he turned and tried to walk away.

"Wait, El." Olivia spoke, and Elliot stopped and slowly turned to Olivia.

"What?" He whispered.

"You really don't need to leave. Tonight was fun." Olivia breathed, and Elliot took that as a cue. He stumbled to where Olivia stood before wrapping his arms around her body. He placed several kisses on her lips, before they stumbled to the bed and fell onto it together.

///

For a week, Elliot and Olivia spent as much time together as they had. Kathy was out of town and spending time with her mother, so they had plenty of time to learn about every inch of the other's body.

"Kathy told me she's coming home tomorrow night." Elliot spoke as he laid beside Olivia and rubbed circles into her bare skin. 

"I'm not ready for that, El." Olivia whispered, and Elliot nodded in agreement.

"I'm not ready either, love. Not after the days we spent together. The nights we were tangled under these sheets." Elliot breathed.

The couple were in the midst of an affair, but neither regretted it. The time they spent together was so perfect and intimate. They got to show each other the love they had for the other, without having others watching them at all times. But this was their last night. Their last night together as lovers.

"What are you going to do?"

"What do you mean?" Elliot asked, and Olivia sighed, before turning her head to look at Elliot.

"Are you going to leave her?" Olivia asked weakly.

"She's my wife." Elliot frowned.

"I know, but even you admitted you weren't in love with her anymore. That you are only together because of the kids."

"Yeah, but the kids are a good reason to stay together."

"Eli is the only one at home now. The-"

"I will not leave her unless she wants it too, Olivia!" Elliot snapped.

Olivia closed her eyes tightly as tears welled in them. She had been hopeful and even prayed that she and Elliot would end up together. She had loved him for many years, and she had finally gotten to act on that love. Tonight was the last night she was going to be making love to him, and sleep in his arms. Tonight was the last time she'd actually have him as more than just a friend.

"All I am asking now... is that you don't end this night early." Olivia whispered as Elliot grumbled to himself.

"Huh?" He snapped.

"Don't end this right now, El. Please let us continue this for a few more hours. Before we go back to being just partners." Olivia whispered. She sat up slowly and tried her hardest to not start sobbing. She was going to miss this so much.

"One last night." He spoke, and Olivia nodded.

"One last night of this. Of our love and being together. Let's just pretend that no one exists outside of this apartment. Please, for me."

Elliot thought for a moment before nodding slowly.

"Tomorrow morning, you and I never did this. Got it?"

"Got it."

///

As soon as the sun rose, they were done. Elliot went home to clean the house and prepare it for his wife and youngest son. Olivia went to work and felt like nothing would be as amazing as the six days she had spent tangled up with Elliot.

"You look tired. Is everything okay?" Casey asked, as she dropped a cup of coffee off on Olivia's desk.

"Uh, not really." Olivia whispered.

"Is it about Elliot? Because I haven't seen him today, and he never misses." Casey spoke softly, as she settled down onto the chair beside Olivia's desk.

"We need to do this in private, Case. Follow me."

Olivia and Casey sat in the locker room and discussed what had happened. Olivia sobbed and told her friend about the week she had spent with Elliot. The moment when she fell for him.

"You really love him, huh?" Casey asked weakly, and Olivia nodded.

"More than I could ever describe, Casey. It was a wonderful experience and I felt bad about what happened, because it was an affair. But I feel like it was what we both needed." Olivia whispered.

"Maybe he will come back-"

"He won't come back, Casey. He is back to being Kathy's husband, and only that. We spent our last night together as lovers, and now we are back to normal. It's hard and I hate it, but it happened." Olivia sighed.

She stood and walked out of the locker room and moved into the squadroom. She greeted a few other detectives that passed her before stopping when she saw Elliot standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Benson." Elliot spoke as if nothing happened.

"Stabler."