Mom?

It had started out like any other day in the Sex Crimes unit of Manhattan. Olivia and Elliot drank their morning coffee while the rest of the crew sat and played games on their computers or eat breakfast at their desks. At around 8:30, only an hour after they had all started to show up, Elliot's cell rang and he sighed as he pulled it from his pocket.

"Yes, Kathleen?" Elliot asked as he looked over at his partner while he listened to his daughter talk to him.

"Well I don't have any other choice, do I? You should've gotten up when I told you too." Elliot sighed, before hanging up. He stood and pulled his jacket on.

"Where are you going?" Olivia questioned.

"Kathleen missed the bus so I have to go and take her to school. Are you gonna be okay?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I'm a big girl, Elliot. And I feel like it's gonna be a quiet day. Now, get out of here." She grinned. Elliot turned and walked out of the squad room, while Fin and Munch headed out after him.

"Where the hell are you two going?" Olivia asked.

"Breakfast. Wanna join us?" Fin asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, because someone has to stay here and man the phones. And how are you two still hungry?" She mused, and all they did was shrug and head out of the squadroom. Olivia looked back to see that Cragen's office was still dark since he was meeting with the commission, so she was all alone. She didn't know what to do, but she planned on figuring out something to do.

///

Olivia ended up cleaning her desk up a bit and throwing away the paperwork she had messed up. Then, while she was heading up to the closet at the top of the stairs to get some more pens, her desk phone rang. She ran back down the stairs and grabbed the receiver before speaking.

"Manhattan Special Victims Unit, Detective Benson speaking," Olivia spoke.

"Detective Benson, I just got on the scene of a mass shooting in a park near Hell's Kitchen. Would you be able to respond and talk to the witnesses?" The officer spoke.

"Yeah, I'll be there soon. I just need to talk to call my partner and get my Captain the information." Olivia spoke, as she stood up and grabbed a pen from Elliot's desk, then started to write the address of the shooting.

"Hell's Kitchen Park, on the east side near the playground?" Olivia asked as she repeated what she had written down.

"Yeah. The ambulances are taking the victims to the hospital. They are splitting them between Mount Sinai West and Presbyterian Hosptial. Sorry." The officer mumbled before hanging up. Olivia stood and pulled her jacket on before grabbing her gun and cuffs from her desk drawer. She pulled her cell out as she walked out of the squadroom and called Elliot.

"Yeah?" Elliot answered.

"El, there was a shooting at the Hell's Kitchen Park. I need you to meet me there. Call Fin and Munch and give them the information and I'm stopping by the commission to pick up Cragen."

"Did they tell you what was happening?" Elliot asked, his voice sounding quieter than usual.

"Two casualties and the rest are heading to the hospital. At least 26 people were injured." Olivia spoke.

"Shit. Okay, I'll be there soon."

///

Olivia and Cragen arrived on scene nearly 10 minutes after Olivia had received the call. On arrival, the officers had already taped off the whole park, and about 6 people were sitting on two benches and had been wrapped in blankets to help fight off as much shock as possible, even though it doesn't always work.