Cancer

She laid in her hospital bed barely conscious. Elliot stood next to her and caressed her bald head. Elliot knew that she was almost gone, but he could bear to think about losing Olivia to some stupid disease that was made of her cells. Olivia's body was killing itself even if she didn't want it to.

"I'm not going to die, El. I refuse to." Olivia whispered, even her voice was failing her.

"Liv." Elliot frowned, as he looked down at his partner.

"No, don't do this now." She replied, and Elliot was surprised that she was just as focused as she would be if she was working a case.

"Okay, then what do you want to talk about?" He asked slowly.

"Are you taking care of Noah?" She questioned.

"Of course I am. You called me back to take care of your son, so that's what I'm doing." Elliot grinned, before leaning down and kissing Olivia's temple. She let out a small sigh before pushing her self up, to only have her body slump back against the pillows. 

"Don't waste your energy trying to sit up. You are just as involved in our conversation laying down as you are sitting up." Elliot spoke, before he sat down on the hard plastic chair next to Olivia's bed.

She let out a small laugh, before grabbing his hand and sighing.

"Why are you laughing, Benson?" Elliot questioned, and Olivia smirked.

"Because you are here and being so nice not because I'm dying, or because of my son, but because you have a crush on me." She smiled, and Elliot blushed as he looked down at their hands.

"There are more reasons then just the fact I've had a crush on you since 99'..." He sighed, before bringing her hand to his lips, before he kissed it gently.

"Then what?" She questioned, as her body started to shake. Elliot's eyes went wide as he watched Olivia fall into a fit that he's witnessed many times. He stood quickly and went to yell for help, before leaning against the wall outside of her room. He started to sob, because he knew that she may joke about dying all the time, but she wasn't ready, he wasn't ready, and Noah really wasn't ready.

---

Elliot gathered up Noah's things from Olivia's apartment, before going to get Noah from school. They were going to be sleeping at the hospital because Olivia got a few brain scans done, and since she refused to have brain surgery, the tumors had grown.

She was determined to not lose her sense of humor, or lose her sight or her speech. She wanted to be as normal of a woman for as long as possible for the sake of her son.

Once Elliot parked his truck, he walked up the sidewalk, and joined all of the mother's as they waited for their kids.

"Hi, I'm Anna." One of the moms smiled, as she noticed Elliot. 

"Hey, I'm Elliot." He replied quickly, as he kept glancing between the doors and his watch.

"Is your child new to the school?" She questioned, and Elliot stopped and looked at her.

"No, he isn't." Elliot replied slowly, because what does he say? Does he tell her that Olivia is dying and she left Noah in his care?

"What's his name?" She smiled, as she puffed her chest out a bit, but her flirting didn't even turn Elliot on.

"Noah Benson." He replied, and she frowned deeply.

"Is his mother not in the picture anymore?" She whispered, and he groaned.

"Olivia is dedicated to her son. She just can't get him today, so I'm on pick up duty. So, if you won't excuse me, I'm gonna wait over there so I can get Noah." Elliot spat, before walking over to the flag pole and standing next to it.

---

Noah laid on the bed with Olivia, and played with her hand. She smiled as he would intertwine their fingers together, before he quickly go back to playing with her hand. He was bored, but he wouldn't admit it. He was scared that his mother would ask him to leave if he didn't try to have so fun, and he didn't want to leave her side.

"Momma?" Noah questioned, and Olivia leaned down and placed her cheek against his hair, before she spoke.

"Yeah, sweet boy?" She questioned back.

"Grant's mommy said you were dying." He frowned as he spoke. Elliot looked up from where he was correcting Noah's homework, and saw tears on Olivia's cheeks. This is what she didn't want to hear.

"Don't listen to Grant, his-" I began, but Olivia shook her head.

"Noah, Momma doesn't want to leave you, but eventually I will have to. Grandma Serena and I need to talk, and then there is Ellie. I have so many people to see." Olivia spoke, and Noah shook his head.

"You'll never see me again, Momma." Noah sighed, and Olivia started to cry more.

"I'll always be looking over you, sweet boy. You are the love of my life, sweetie. And I'll always be with you." She choked out, and Noah quickly sat up, before leaning down and hugging his mother.

They stayed in their embrace for so long, that the nurse left and came back twice before having to break in and take Olivia's vitals. Noah climbed down from the bed, and walked over to Elliot. He pulled Noah onto his lap before going through the corrections that needed to be done.

The whole time Olivia watched Elliot and Noah interact, and she knew that her choice was completely right. And when the time comes where she isn't around anymore, Noah will be taken care of.

---

The last goodbye came, and it was heartbreaking. Yes everyone knew that it was going to happen, but that doesn't mean that it hurt any less.

Elliot sat on his bed in his apartment while Noah slept in the spare room. Elliot girlfriend walked in and sat next to him before leaning over and kissing his cheek softly.

"She used to get drunk and talk about you. But I'm so glad she gave us her blessing before she passed away, because in the end, she was both of our best friend." Alex whispered, and Elliot nodded, before he took his hand and wiped a few tears from his cheek.

"Lets get this will thing over with. Come on." Elliot spoke, before standing and walking out of the room.

He sat back down with the crew, and Fin kept his eyes glued to his hands, because he didn't want anyone to see he was showing emotion.

"Alright, as Olivia's lawyer, she decided that when she made her will, that everything would go to Noah. She did however leave behind several letters for each of you, and letters to give your next Captains if you decide to leave so they know how good you are. But, she also left Noah to Elliot." Alex spoke, and Elliot shot his eyes up to her face, and she saw how confused and surprised he was.

"She left Noah to me?" Elliot asked, and Alex nodded.

"She said that you may have left her, but you came back when you needed her, and that's all that matters."

Alright my people. I got spappy when I was listening to MCR, and Cancer came on. I know I have a tendency write about it a lot, but in the end, I've lost a lot of people to cancer and I know a sad amount about it. Please vote and comment all of your feedback below, thanks.

Law And Order: SVU One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें