Black and Blue: One Year Later

Recovering from the loss of a child was hard for anyone, and it was also hard for those watching the recovery process from the outside.

A year after Miles was killed by his own father, Olivia had moved out of Kathy and Elliot's home. She stayed there for awhile, and Elliot and Kathy didn't sleep well that whole year because they were scared that they would find Olivia dead in her room in the morning.

There were a few scares the first few months. Olivia tried to kill herself once, and stopped eating for almost a full month after that. She didn't believe that she was ever going to be able to live without her son, but she did.

"I can't believe she is inviting us over for dinner." Kathy spoke, as she sat in the front seat of their van, while they drove over to Olivia's new house.

"It's to thank us for living with us for a year."

"I miss her, though." Maureen spoke, as she shifted in her seat because Dickie was kicking the back of her seat.

"We all do too." Kathy spoke, as she looked back and smiled at her daughter. Elliot turned down Olivia's driveway, and noticed how far back it was. He knew that she got a place back here so she had more privacy and because she just loved being in a place that is quiet. Elliot parked in front of the small cottage and the kids spilled out as he and Kathy did too.

"This is stunning." Kathy smiled, as she grabbed Elliot's hand as they walked towards the front door.

"Thanks, I thank so too." Olivia smiled, from where she stood in the entry way. The kids ran to her and hugged her. She hugged them all back before exclaiming how much she loved and missed them.

"Thanks for inviting us, Livvie." Elliot spoke, as he drew his best friend into a hug. She hugged him tightly and smiled.

"I needed to have a way to thank you for taking me in. This was the best way I could think about." Olivia replied. As they walked into the house, Elliot and Kathy both noticed that Olivia had lost more weight. And it worried them both, but they wouldn't bring it up till later.

///

Olivia and the Stablers made pizzas for dinner, which the kids thought was awesome. While they waited for the pizzas to cook, Olivia took the kids out back and showed them her garden. Kathy and Elliot explored her house, but it might be seen more as snooping.

"There are a lot of pictures of Miles in this place." Kathy whispered, and Elliot nodded.

"Non of Brian, thankfully." Elliot replied.

"I did find medicine for anti-depression, and they were refilled recently. She's sticking to her plan, thankfully." Kathy spoke, and as they talked, Olivia listened.

"I'm also looking into finding a sperm donor." Olivia spoke, and Kathy and Elliot jumped from her voice.

"Liv!" Kathy exclaimed.

"I should've known that the reason why you didn't want to come out and see my wonderful garden was because you wanted to snoop." She sighed.

"It was Elliot's idea." Kathy replied, throwing her husband right under the bus. Elliot shook his head because he knew it was Kathy's idea.

"Guys, you could've just asked." Olivia spoke.

"We didn't want to ask you something and hurt you." Elliot breathed.

"It wouldn't have hurt me. I'm doing good. Really, I am. I miss my son so much, but with therapy and volunteering, I've started to really recover."

"You want another baby?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded. She walked over to her book shelf and grabbed a binder. She handed it to Elliot before they all sat down.

"I'm deciding between a few donors. But I want a kid. Another baby will never replace Miles, but I just want to be a mother. I want to be pregnant again, and after everything that happened, I want to do it my way."

"Have you seen Brian?" Kathy asked, as she and Elliot looked at the flagged donors.

"No, but I sent him a letter. A very strong worded letter and I told him that I hope he likes being alone in prison. He's in there for life."

"He is getting what he deserves. Does he seem like he feels guilt for what he did?" Elliot asked.

"He does. He asked me for a picture of Miles, and I was a complete ass and sent him one from after Miles passed. I wanted him to see what he did to our child. If he doesn't like it, he could get rid of it."

"Don't use any of the flagged guys." Kathy spoke, and Olivia sighed.

"Not even the one who plays piano?" Olivia teased, and Kathy shook her head.

"Find someone who is more like you." Kathy spoke, and Elliot sighed as he leaned back.

"I'll donate you my sperm. I donated it to Kathy, same thing, just in a cup." Elliot teased and the girls laughed.

///

At the end of the night, Olivia hugged those that helped her make it through the toughest year of her life. The kids asked to sleep over here soon, and Olivia promised them that that would happen. Kathy promised to go shopping for some more house items soon before getting in the van with the kids. Then it was only Olivia and Elliot.

"Are you sure you are doing good?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah, I am." She replied quietly.

"Eat some more, alright? If there is gusty enough wind, you may be blown away." Elliot spoke, and she smiled gently.

"I'll work on that. I ate like three pieces of pizza tonight."

"If you need anything at all, just tell me. Okay?"

"Okay!" She laughed.

"Want me to be your baby daddy?" He asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"I couldn't ask you to do that. But thanks for offering."

"Honestly, I will do that for you." He spoke, and Olivia blushed a bit. She sighed as she looked over at the van.

"I want to be a mother so badly. I just hope that I don't end up trying to replace Miles. It won't be the same. Miles was the sweetest little thing I ever got to hold. Just the way he used to nuzzle into my chest, and how he only calmed down when I held him. Well, minus the night he passed away." She breahted.

"You can't replace him, love. He'll always be a part of you."

"I was covered in bruises one year ago today. I didn't even know what my skin tone was until they finally faded." Olivia whispered. Elliot drew her close and rubbed her back gently.

"I love you, Liv. I'm here for you no matter what time of day it is. But I do take Sundays off." Elliot spoke, and they both laughed. Elliot stepped back and smiled.

"I love you too, El. Thank you. Now, leave. I have to clean up the mess you and your family left behind in your wake."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D