Years Later

He sat in a hospital bed. His body was old and failing him, but he still held out hope for his one true love to pop back into his life, just as gracefully as she had when they met for the first time years ago.

He couldn't believe that he was just 30 when he first set eyes on that brunette that stole his heart, and now, he is nearly 80, and that picture of her is forever imprinted in his memory. Not even memories of his dead wife stayed in his mind like the ones of her did.

"Elliot, how are you feeling this morning?" A dark haired nurse asked, and Elliot couldn't even remember her name, and she's been taking care of him for the last month.

"I'm feeling old, darling." He sighed, as he ran a worn hand over his face, and felt the prickles of his growing beard.

"You don't look a year over 40, Elliot." She smiled, and he let out a hearty laugh and winked at the young woman.

"Your flirting might be keeping me younger." He spoke, and she smiled.

"I'm glad. Now, how about a bath?" She asked, and Elliot shook his head.

"No, I want a shave. Can you do that for me?" Elliot questioned, as he looked at her.

"I think I can do that. Now, let me take some blood to see if your levels are better than I'll get the stuff and give you a nice clean shave." She smiled, before patting his hand, and turning.

The nurse took Elliot's blood, and labeled it, before turning to leave, but she stopped in the doorway and sighed as she looked at her pager.

"Elliot, I'm going to get you another nurse."

"What's wrong?" He questioned, and she frowned as she turned to look at the old man she was so fond of.

"My mother is getting rushed in here. She fell. I'll check on you later." She spoke, before leaving the room.

Elliot leaned back and closed his fading blue eyes. He continued to think of the woman. To think of his long lost soul mate. To think about his Olivia.

///

Due to no empty rooms, Elliot's room was no longer just him. The bed to his left was now going to be occupied by someone, and who that is, or why they are here, is unknown to him.

The nurse who he still couldn't remember her name came into the room and smiled at him.

"So, Elliot, my mother is going to be brought in here." She spoke, and Elliot nodded.

"Let's hope she likes to sit in silence." Elliot grinned, and the nurse smiled.

"My mother likes to talk. She has had a lively life and likes to share what she's been through. Like her trip to Paris, where she met my father. It's her favorite."

Elliot didn't respond. He just went back to thinking about Olivia, as he remembered her love for Paris. She had always wanted to go there, and if they had gotten married, if he had jumped on the chance to marry her and make her happy, he would've taken her there on their honeymoon. He would've kissed her under the Eiffel Tower, and he would've brought their kids there and show them every place they saw when they were younger.

"Dad, are you getting a roommate?" Elliot's oldest daughter Maureen questioned, as she walked into her father's room.

"I guess. My nurse's mother is staying in here with me." Elliot replied gruffly, as his daughter walked over and kissed his wrinkled cheek gently.

"Which nurse?" Maureen questioned, and Elliot just shrugged.

The woman was suddenly upset. She didn't like that her father's memory was failing him, or that he was hospitalized because of a heart attack. He has always been her hero, and her hero was now weak.

"The one with the brown hair and brown eyes," Elliot spoke quickly, trying to calm his daughter, and she nodded.

"That would be Margaret." She spoke, and Elliot nodded.

"Good to know. I've been calling her darling for the past few weeks." He yawned, and Maureen smiled. She sat next to him and held his hand for a few minutes before a woman with almost completely gray hair was wheeled in. Elliot didn't hear, because just like his memory, it was failing him.

"Alright, Elliot, this is my mother, Olivia. Olivia, this is Elliot. He'll be your roommate." Margaret spoke, and Elliot's head turned towards the woman, who didn't seem that phased by the old man next to her.

"Olivia?" he questioned, and Maureen sighed.

She knew about the love her father had for his old partner, but she was worried that they'd find her, and find out that she passed away.

"Dad, it isn't her." Maureen frowned, and Elliot fanned his hand at her and sighed.

"Mo, stop it. Can't I have hope?" He questioned, harshly. 

"I remember my partner's daughter was nicknamed Mo," Olivia spoke to her daughter, as Margaret fluffed her mother's pillow, and then placed her fingers to her mother's wrist, ready to take her pulse.

"Partner?" Elliot questioned, as Maureen saw her father's eyes start to sparkle for the first time in a while.

"Yeah, I was a detective." The woman spoke, as she turned to look at Elliot, who was grasping on to anything that could make this woman his Liv.

"I was too," Elliot spoke, and Olivia narrowed her eyes at him, before turning to her daughter.

"Maggie, grab my glasses for me, please." She spoke, and her daughter got into her mother's purse, and pulled out the glasses her mother asked for, and put them in her mother's hand.

Olivia placed the glasses on her face and pushed them up so she didn't have to look down through them.

"Stabler." The woman breathed, and even though Elliot was hard of hearing, he heard exactly what the beautiful woman to his side said.

"Benson." He whispered, and a moment later, he was trying to climb out of his bed, and get over to her.

"Daddy!" Maureen exclaimed, and Elliot shook his head.

He gripped onto everything that was between the two beds, as his daughter ran around and grabbed his waist, to steady him. He got to Olivia's bed and stared into the eyes of his true love.

"Where have you been?" He asked quietly.

"Looking for you." She breathed, as Elliot leaned in and placed a shaky kiss to her forehead.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D