An Organ Donor: Part Two

Hey everyone! So one of my readers _chatterbox_2003 asked for me to update three of my older one shots, so here is the first one I attacked and figured out what to do! I hope you enjoy!

After the donation, Noah had to stay in the hospital for a few months. His body had to take time to adjust to his new kidney, and Olivia didn't leave her son's side at all. While Noah was recovering, Elliot was too. He got released long before Noah was, and he had to keep stopping himself from going back to the hospital to see Olivia and to finally meet Noah.

"Dad?" Eli asked, as he opened the door to his father's bedroom.

"Yeah, kid?" Elliot asked as he looked at his scar in the mirror. 

"You have some visitors. Do you want me to send them away, or are you good with seeing them?" Eli questioned. Elliot turned and looked at his son before shrugging a bit.

"It really depends on who it is."

"Olivia is here with her kids. I guess that Noah got released recently, and that he wanted to meet and thank his donor."

"Olivia is here? Like, right now?"

"I'm not lying to you." Eli laughed.

"Okay, but I haven't seen her since I was in the hospital... get her and the boys something to drink, and tell her I'll be down soon. I need to shower and shave real quick."

"You aren't trying to impress her or anything, right?" Eli teased, and Elliot sighed.

"Please, just help me out." Elliot begged, and his son nodded.

"Okay, but be quick. I don't know how long I can keep your crush and her kids occupied."

///

Olivia was getting shown a ton of pictures of Elliot's kids and grandkids, when Elliot finally made an appearance.

"Liv." Elliot spoke softly, as he looked over at his former best friend.

"Hey, El. It's good to see you. You are looking much better now. How are you feeling?" Olivia asked rapidly. This meeting was very awkward, especially since feelings had bloomed for Elliot since she saw him last.

"I'm feeling good. My scar is a little tender sometimes, but other than that I'm good."

"I'm glad. Uh, so these are my sons, Calvin and Noah."

"Calvin?" Elliot asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah. I got to adopt him, and he was the one to make me a mom." Olivia whispered, as tears welled in her eyes. Just thinking about the moment her eldest finally came back to her made her want to cry. 

"It's nice to see you again, Detective." Calvin spoke shyly.

"It's nice to see you too, kid. Now, uh... Noah is the one who took my lucky kidney?" Elliot asked, and Noah giggled and nodded.

"Yeah! I got this really cool scar now." Noah spoke, before rolling his shirt up and pointing at the scar on his side.

"Wanna see something cool?" Elliot asked, and Noah nodded quickly.

Elliot moved over and sat on the coffee table before rolling his shirt up and showed off his matching scar.

"We have matching scars, buddy."

"Whoa."

///

Elliot insisted that Olivia and the boys stay for dinner, which he made himself. Olivia helped as much as she could, but really couldn't keep up with Elliot's newest skill.

"How have you been?" Elliot asked, as he and Olivia settled down outside after dinner. Eli had went home and grabbed some new video game that the boys wanted to play. With them being occupied, Olivia and Elliot could catch up.

"I'm better now, but this last year has been incredibly hard. I almost lost my baby several times."

"How long had he been sick?" Elliot asked, as he gently touched Olivia's arm.

"Noah has been sick on and off his whole life, and he's only five. Uh, but his kidneys started acting up a few years ago. He was getting kidney stones all the time and infections. We tried a bunch of medicine, but nothing was working. Then he got incredibly sick at school one day and we had been in the hospital for about a year before you became his donor."

"Eli told me that your kid was sick, and I didn't have to think twice."

"You gave up a lot of stuff, El. You really can't do as much as before." Olivia breathed, and Elliot shrugged.

"It is completely worth it. I got to see you again, and finally find out that you are a mom. Just seeing your face again was worth it, Liv." Elliot spoke.

Olivia didn't know what to say, so she just grabbed his hand and squeezed it as they rocked back and forth on the porch swing.

"Can I tell you something that I have wanted to say for so long?" Olivia whispered, as she kept her eyes focused on where their hands were joined.

"You can tell me anything, Liv." Elliot breathed.

"I have had the biggest crush on you for so long. I thought that all of those feelings had faded since you have been gone for years... but they are still there. They might even be stronger than ever before. I just wanted to tell you... tell you that I love you. That I am incredibly thankful for you, especially since you saved my little one's life." Olivia whispered.

Elliot reached over and gently touched Olivia's chin. She turned her head quickly and locked eyes with Elliot. 

"I love you too." He whispered, before leaning in close. There was a moment of hesitation, but then Elliot finally got to feel what it was like to kiss Olivia Benson.

The kiss was gentle but perfect. When their lips parted, Elliot rested his forehead against Olivia's.

"That was better than I ever could imagine." Elliot breathed, as he ran his thumb over Olivia's cheek.

"It is going to be incredibly hard to leave tonight after experiencing that... but I have to take my kids home."

"Are you really just going to walk out right now?!" Elliot exclaimed, as Olivia stood and moved to the door.

"I'm sure tonight will not be the last time we see each other. I expect to see you tomorrow morning when the kids are at school."

"What do you mean?" Elliot asked, as he stood and quickly moved to Olivia's side.

"I'm not done kissing you, Stabler. I don't think I ever will be done."