Years Later: Supermarket Flowers

After reuniting in the hospital, Elliot and Olivia were both released into a nursing home. Both fought it tooth and nail, but their kids all decided it was the best. To make sure their beloved parents were happy, Elliot and Olivia were put into a room together. They spent their nights together in the same bed, and every morning Elliot did something he wishes he had done when they were younger.

"Same place today, Mr. Stabler?" A young male nurse spoke, as he wheeled Elliot down to the van.

"Yes. But today I'm going to get some extra." Elliot spoke, as he straightened his tie. He still wore button up shirts, slacks, dress shoes, and ties every day. He only did it because Olivia told him how handsome he looked in them, and he did everything for the love of his life.

"Okay, well let's get going then!"

///

Once Elliot and the nurse arrived at the supermarket, Elliot was wheeled out again. He and the nurse went into the store and a few of the workers welcomed their daily customer. The nurse pushed Elliot to where all the fresh flowers were, and he went to examining each bouquet before deciding on an arrangement of white daisies.

For the year he and Olivia have lived together in the home, Elliot wakes up in the morning before her and his nurse drives him to the supermarket. Elliot gets Olivia a bouquet of flowers, usually roses and sometimes daisies. Then, like today, he'd decide on a bottle of wine, some chocolate, or a new edition of her favorite magazine.

"Now, you know that if you get her wine today, she can only have half a cup because of her medicine," Sheldon spoke, as he pushed Elliot towards the wine.

"I'm not getting her wine. I'm buying her the flowers and then there is another stop."

"Are you going to tell me where to drive next?" Sheldon asked.

"Davis Jewelry and Repair."

///

Elliot insisted on going in alone. He used his cane and made his way slowly into the building. Once inside, he took his glasses from his pocket before placing them on the bridge of his nose. He focused on the faces of the workers before finding one that helped him get the necklace for Olivia.

"Bennett! I'm here for the necklace!" Elliot exclaimed. The middle-aged man nodded with a smile.

"It took us a bit to find it, but it's in perfect condition," Bennett replied.

"Are you sure?" Elliot questioned. It had to be absolutely perfect.

"It's perfect, I promise. Now, would you like to see it?" Bennett asked, and Elliot nodded. He moved closer and the man opened up a box. Inside was a gold necklace, the same one Olivia used to wear every day.

Fearless was printed on one of the pendants, but added was a charm with her old badge number, and one with Elliot's. Elliot was proud of himself. He loved the idea of giving something to Olivia that she was going to love so much. He had to make up for lost time because he was scared about losing his love again, and he was scared about leaving her.

///

"Livvie?" Elliot questioned as he shuffled into their room.

"Where have you been, Stabler? You are later than usual." Olivia spoke. Elliot laughed as he made his way into their small living room. Olivia stood up and walked over to Elliot. They kissed gently a few times before Olivia took her daily flowers and went to put them in a vase.

"I got you something special, my love."

"You did?" She asked as she turned to look at him. Elliot smiled just because Olivia was smiling.

"I did. Now, love, come here."

Olivia walked to where Elliot sat, and she lowered herself beside him. She shifted her glasses up a bit so she wasn't looking over them, before taking the box from Elliot.

"You spoil me, Elliot."

"I've missed too much time. I have to make up for it now. I have to show you how much I truly love you."

"Elliot, can you open this, please? My hands are hurting me." Olivia breathed. Elliot took his hands and gently lifted the top off of the box. He watched Olivia as tears welled in her faded brown eyes.

"It's my necklace." She struggled to speak. She lost her necklace once when that horrible man kidnapped her. She gave one away to Ariel when she was scared to face her captor in court.

"This was the only one they could find. I asked them to make charms with our badge numbers on them. You know, to make it special. I didn't want to just give you something you had before. I wanted to give you something extra special." Elliot replied. He grabbed her hand and kissed it gently.

"I love you, Elliot. Thank you, my darling. Is Sheldon around? I want to wear it." Olivia breathed.

"Let me. My hands aren't failing me, yet."

///

Olivia showed off her necklace to anyone that would look at it. Olivia's four kids and Elliot's five kids thought it was such an adorable item for Elliot to give Olivia. As they watched their parents sit together and hold hands and be so loving towards each other, they knew that this should've happened long ago.

"You do not have to give me flowers every morning, Elliot," Olivia spoke, as she laid beside Elliot. They had figured out how they could still cuddle in bed together, even if their bodies had more issues than before.

"How many times do I have to tell you that it is no problem?" Elliot spoke. He pulled her closer, and she rested her head against his chest.

"But you wake up early every morning to just do that. You could sleep in and stay beside me for longer."

"I want to stay in bed with you forever. But it's important to me. You are important to me."

"I love you, Elliot Stabler. And I'm old and I've been married and have had children, and now I'm a grandmother, but through that all I could think about was you. This has been the best year of my life. Being with you makes me feel like I'm young again. Like my joints don't pop and don't get stuck. Like my eyes aren't horrible. Like my hair was still brown."

"What flowers do you want tomorrow?" Elliot asked as tears welled in his eyes.

"I want one of those pretty purple orchids. Like the one you got me when they didn't get a shipment." Olivia spoke.

"Anything for you, Livvie. Sleep well."

"You forgot something." Olivia yawned.

"I love you too."

Hey guys! Geez, thinking of them being old makes me cry. Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D