Together: Back Together Again

Hey peeps! So this is just a follow up to my book Together. I didn't want to write another book, so I just thought this might make some of you happy. Enjoy! :D

Olivia and Elliot kissed like no tomorrow when they finally made it back home after Luke's football game. The kids had all went home with Bernie, so Elliot and Olivia could have time together.

"I don't know why I'm so happy to see you," Olivia whispered, as Elliot sucked and kissed on her neck, probably leaving a hickey behind in the process.

"Because you missed me. God, I love you." Elliot smiled. He leaned back and stared at his wife. He was surprised that those ten years apart didn't lead to a divorce or anger when they were reunited. All Olivia did was kiss Elliot as soon as they got close enough to do anything to each other.

"I love you too, El. Were you the one calling me all day?" She asked, and Elliot nodded proudly. 

"Yeah. You know that I love to annoy you. Why didn't you answer?" Elliot asked, as he leaned back against the couch and just held Olivia's hands.

"I'm a busy person, Stabler. I have four kids and a job. I had to make sure Hazel and Rhea didn't burn the house down like they almost did before. Then I have to make sure Noah doesn't knock up his girlfriend. And then there is our perfect little Lukey who isn't that little anymore. I have a life, even after you left." Olivia sighed.

"I'm sorry I left. I just didn't feel like a husband and a father anymore. I just felt like something more you had on your plate. Liv, you didn't need more. My mother was already staying with us and helping out with me and the kids. Luke, Noah, and Hazel were still so little. Then the job... You were worn down and weren't even yourself anymore. I hated being the problem." He breathed, as tears welled in his eyes.

He looked down at their hands and after a moment, Elliot's tears dripped onto their joined hands.

"Babe, please don't cry. You left to try and help me, and I forgive you now. I missed you so fucking much, but I understand now."

///

Both Olivia and Elliot felt weird when they woke up beside each other. They didn't do more than make out, so Olivia didn't have to hide her aging body, and Elliot didn't have to hide the fact he wasn't as fit as he was before.

"My lips haven't kissed someone in so long, that I don't think they knew what to do last night." Olivia smiled as she looked over at her husband.

"You did a great job." He smiled. He reached over and pushed some messy brown hair out of her eyes, before grinning as he saw the hickey he left on her neck.

"We need to talk about what we are going to do... now that you are back and have four teenagers to deal with."

"Uh, I wish we could just start from where we left off, just not all that pain and drama." Elliot frowned.

"It is not going to be that easy. I love you, but I still need to learn to trust you again after all you've done to me. Like, that note has been burned into my mind. I still have it." Olivia whispered. She stood and walked over to her dresser. She opened one of the drawers and pulled out a box. She opened the box and grabbed the note Elliot left her. She handed it back to him, and he read it as tears welled in his eyes again.

Liv,

I left because I couldn't be who I wanted to be. I don't want to see you or the kids, and I'm sorry about that. In the end, I'm not a father anymore because I can't walk around. I love you.

El  

"You could've stayed and still have been a father. We didn't need to be together if that had worried you more." Olivia spoke, as she took the note back and put it in its spot.

"No. Because, Liv, I need to be with you. I didn't date at all while we were apart. That ten years were the worse ten years of my life. It was hard when Mason passed away, but I had you still. I didn't when I was trying to live a life where I was disabled. Just because I had to save that blonde friend of yours."

"But you did an amazing thing. Alex is married and has not one, not two, but three kids. She really took her life into her own hands after you saved it."

"I guess something good came out of it... but please just give me one last shot... please."

"Okay, but we need to work together."

///

For all the kids, having Elliot living in the house was weird. It was really different for Rhea because she just now met Elliot have learned about him for ten years. The boys fought him a lot in the first few weeks because they had been the males of the house and now their father was back.

Hazel didn't trust her father at all. He left her, and she didn't want him in her life. She'd still just rather have her mother.

"Hey, Haz. How is your homework going?" Olivia asked as she went in to check on her kids before asking them to head to bed.

"Almost done," Hazel replied. Rhea walked out of the bathroom and smiled at her mother before heading over to her bed.

"Okay, well you know the drill. Phones need to be off before you go to bed. And please be in bed within the next half hour." Olivia spoke. She kissed the top of Hazel's head before heading over and saying goodnight to Rhea.

"Mom, can we talk real quick?" Hazel asked before her mother left the room.

"Of course." 

"Is Dad staying around for good?" Hazel questioned, as she tapped her pencil against her desk.

"Yeah, he's going to stay around for good."

"Are you sure? Because he left us before." Hazel huffed. Olivia walked over and spun her daughter around so she was facing her. She leaned down and looked her daughter right in her eyes.

"Hazel, he was scared to death when he left us. He had his accident and felt like he wasn't a good father for you and your brothers because he couldn't walk. Because he couldn't do anything as other fathers could. Baby, you can trust him again. You can love him. He's going to be here again. I can promise you that." Olivia breathed. A few tears streamed down Hazel's cheeks.

"Thanks, Momma. I really needed this."

"Of course, baby girl. Now, you and Rhea need sleep. So, get to it."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D