Letters to Olivia: Before The Letters

"Smile," Amanda spoke, as she stood in front of Olivia and Elliot at their baby shower. Olivia and Elliot have been standing here trying to take a decent picture for about 5 minutes because each time one of them had their eyes closed or Elliot was making a funny face, or like one of the pictures, Olivia was sneezing.

"Stabler, I swear if you do anything stupid, we will never get this picture." Olivia huffed, and Elliot actually smiled for the picture just to make his wife happy. Once the picture was taken, Elliot pulled his wife into his arms and placed soft kisses to her swollen lips.

"You look exhausted." Elliot breathed, and Olivia shrugged.

"I'm okay. I'm excited. I really want to see what our friends decided to spoil our daughter with." Olivia grinned, as she placed her hands to her swollen stomach. Elliot placed his hands over hers and sighed.

"You are napping when we get home, okay? You gotta promise me that." Elliot spoke.

"As long as you unpack and start washing all of her clothes, then we have a deal."

///

"These are all so tiny! I can't even imagine our daughter in these." Olivia spoke, as she and Elliot packed up after the baby shower.

"She's going to be small, baby." Elliot laughed, as he grabbed the trash bag that was full of the wrapping paper, and he tied it off.

"She doesn't feel small." She sighed, as she lowered herself onto one of the chairs and sighed. Elliot looked over at her, and concern covered his expression.

She has seemed more worn down lately, and her face was lacking most of its color. He didn't know if it was just being pregnant that made her this tired, or if something else was happening.

"When is your next appointment?" Elliot asked as he continued cleaning up where his wife had given up.

"Monday. Why?" Olivia asked as she stared at her husband.

"Because I want to come," Elliot spoke, and Olivia frowned.

"You have work, darling. You can't go." Olivia replied.

"Well, tell your doctor about your exhaustion."

"I'm not exhausted!" Olivia yawned, and Elliot sighed.

"Please, it'll make me feel better to know that it's common and not something we should worry about."

"Oh, stop worrying." Olivia smiled, as she awkwardly stood and walked to her husband. She ran her hands over his shoulders and smiled.

"I worry because I'm worrying about you and our daughter. The two most important people in the world to me."

"You are going to get worry lines." Olivia teased, and Elliot laughed. 

"Just dating you gave me those."

///

It was only 3 weeks later when Olivia went into labor. She was in so much pain, that Elliot had no idea what to do to help her. She said she wanted to stay at home, but when she got up to pace, Elliot sat blood on their bed.

"Liv, you're bleeding," Elliot whispered, and Olivia turned around quickly and looked at the bed.

"Oh no. Elliot!" Olivia cried as she looked down at her stomach.

"It's okay. We can go to the hospital now." Elliot spoke, as he stood and walked to where Olivia was now standing and crying. She grabbed onto him, and Elliot could feel her shaking. This wasn't good at all.

"What if she doesn't make it?" Olivia whimpered, as Elliot slowly parted from her and grabbed her hospital bag and then went into the bathroom to get a towel.