Katherine Stabler: Part 2

Court was hard for all of the Stablers. Kathrine sat there and listened to what Jason was saying about her, and even though she was trying to focus on that, all she could focus on was the fact her biological mother skipped out on court and didn't even tell her.

"You look green." Maureen breathed, from where she sat next to her sister as the medical report was read. It described all of the injuries that Katherine had from the rape and they also flashed pictures on the screen when they described each injury. 

"I feel like I'm going to get sick," Katherine whispered. She was shaking her leg and trying to take deep breaths but nothing was helping her sudden need to get sick.

"Let's go then," Maureen whispered. She helped her sister up before they snuck from the room. Once the door was closed, Katherine went sprinting towards the bathroom. Maureen got into the stall with her baby sister and held her hair back. She rubbed her back gently and tried to avoid watching. She knew that she'd get sick too.

Eventually, Katherine was feeling a bit better and she stood and went to wash out her mouth.

"What's happening?" Olivia questioned, as she came into the bathroom and looked at her daughters.

"Katherine got sick," Maureen spoke, and Olivia swallowed hard as she walked over to the sink and leaned against it as she looked at Katherine.

"Please don't stare at me, Momma. I already know what you are thinking. But all of the tests that I have been taking keep coming back negative." Katherine whispered. Olivia and Maureen both stared at her with wide eyes.

"You thought you were pregnant and did tell either of us? Or Kathleen?" Olivia breathed.

"If I was pregnant, I'd deal with it. But as of right now I'm not. So don't worry about it. I didn't just not tell you to be a bitch about it. My life has been very public lately and I just wanted something to be private. To be my secret." 

"Kitty-" Olivia started, and Katherine shook her head.

"Not now. Should we head back? I bet I'll have to get on the stand soon."

///

With tears on her cheeks, Katherine herd the verdict. Jason Kantz was let off because the judge thought this trial was already too much for him. That he did his time and that he shouldn't have his reputation tarnished any more than it already was.

"He should have gone to prison." Katherine whimpered, as she clung to her father. He held her close and kissed her hair.

"The trial was too short... the judge was going to decide for himself from the start. I'm so sorry, Kat. But everything will end up okay." Elliot replied. He kissed his daughter's hair one last time before passing her to his wife. Olivia helped Katherine out into the hall and used her thumbs to brush the tears from her cheeks.

"C-can I transfer schools?" Katherine whimpered. She had just been not showing up to school but now she never wanted to go there again. Never.

"Of course, Kat. If you don't want to go back there then we can't make you." Olivia spoke. Katherine nodded before looking as Jason and his parents walked from the courtroom. He found Katherine's eyes and smiled at her before winking. He thrust the air a bit and Katherine started to sob as she held onto her mother tightly.

"He's going to rape someone else. Some stupid girl who likes him... one who thinks she might have a chance with him. She'll hate herself for reporting because he will never go to prison for what he does..."

///

Recovering from what Katherine need to recover from was a lot more than just her wounds. Or having her scars fade. It was her heart and soul. Her mind had a lot to wrap around. Like how some person of sound mind could let Jason Kantz off with raping her. 

She tried her hardest to focus on her family and the online classes she was taking, but it was hard because everything was still so heavy.

She started therapy, and she turned to her mother for support in all the dark times she had.

"How was therapy today?" Olivia questioned after she picked her daughter up from her therapist's office.

"Uh, I did the type of therapy where I had to relive what I went through... it was hard because I could feel Jason still touching me," Katherine spoke. Olivia nodded before looking at her and frowning.

"I did that before. I was sexually assaulted when you were younger. Your father and I told you that I was on a work trip. But then I came home and it wasn't a trip at all. A man took me."

"Momma," Katherine whispered.

"I know... it's shocking. But going through it again made it easier for me to wrap my mind around it. I could go through each detail and tell myself that even if it happened, it isn't happening anymore."

"I felt like getting sick the whole time. Like I did during the rape and after it." Katherine sighed.

"That's how I felt too, Kat. But each day I went back to talking to my therapist and go through the dark times until I could see the light again. Like your siblings and your father... I can see you all with clear eyes now." 

"I will be better soon, right?" Katherine asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I hope so. Maybe not this year or the next, but you'll be able to move on and get through everything. Settle down with a guy who you love. Go to college. Get your dream job. Everything will get to the point where it will feel as if the rape never happened."

"God do I hope that happens soon." Katherine groaned before closing her eyes and resting her head against the window.

///

With a lot of help, Katherine graduated from high school, even if she was a few months late. She also applied to colleges and was accepted to one on the west coast.

"I'm scared." Katherine breathed, as she stood with her parents. She was just about to get on a plane to head to school,  and she was getting cold feet all of a sudden.

"This will be good for you. And if you change your mind, Kitty, I'll be on a plane out to get you and bring you back home." Elliot smiled. He caressed his daughter's hair for a moment before smiling at her.

"I can do this." She breathed.

"You can. We are so very proud of you." Olivia smiled. She pulled her daughter close for a moment before Katherine's flight was getting ready to board.

"I gotta go."

"Call us when you get there!" Elliot smiled, as his daughter picked up her bag.

"If I remember... but I'm sure that is going to be the only thing I'll want to do."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D