Her Boys

She sat across from the older and more prepared woman who were giving her nasty looks. She kept glancing down at the magazine that was trying to give her tips on how to stay healthy during pregnancy, but she was only reading it because that's what everyone else was doing. And because she had nothing else to do while waiting for her appointment.

"They haven't called you back yet?" An annoyed Serena Benson groaned, as she came quickly into the waiting room and sank down beside her daughter. Olivia shook her head as she sat the magazine down.

"No... I guess Dr. Stein is finishing up at the hospital and then she'll be over." Olivia explained quietly.

"Well, you better be seen first because I have work and you have to get back to school." Serena huffed. Olivia looked at her mother before shaking her head.

"I was suspended... remember?" Olivia asked, and Serena sighed before nodding.

"Stupid fucking Catholic school." Serena spat, before getting into her purse and standing.

"Where are you going, Mom?" Olivia asked as quietly as possible.

"I need a smoke, Olivia. So shut up and just wait."

"Yes, ma'am." Olivia frowned, as she crossed her arms over her chest and fought off tears as she heard the sound of her mother's heals fade away.

///

After Olivia's appointment, she slowly walked down the sidewalk and towards her shitty apartment. It was small but was working for the moment. It was going to get more cramped once the baby was born and Olivia's room was going to be filled to the brim with baby items. Blue baby items.

"Olivia?" A voice spoke awkwardly from behind Olivia. She turned around from the door when she saw the baby's father standing there. He was 17, and Olivia made the mistake of falling in love with him to only have her heartbroken when he decided to transfer schools and ignore every call, message, and letter that she had ever sent him. 

"Elliot?" She breathed, as she tugged on her jacket to keep it away from her stomach. He didn't know that he was going to be a father, but now it was probably as clear as day for him.

"I got a call from an old teammate, and he told me that my girl was sporting a baby bump," Elliot spoke, as he looked Olivia over. She swallowed hard before nodding slowly.

"Yeah... I've tried to get in contact with you but it seems like you are ignoring me." Olivia sighed.

"I haven't been ignoring you... Olivia, I'm being drafted for college football already. My father has been keeping every single distraction away from me. He wants the best for me, and so does the rest of my family." Elliot spoke as if explaining that would make this any better for the girl he got pregnant and then left behind.

"I'm glad that you are happy, Elliot... that you are getting everything that you have ever wanted. But I'm not doing great here. I got suspended from school because I'm pregnant. Because I'm a bad influence on everyone there. I'm suspended until this kid is born, but more than likely I won't go back. I won't do anything with my life because I made one huge ass mistake." Olivia spat.

"Us being together was a mistake?" Elliot questioned quietly, as his blue eyes went wide. Olivia looked down at her swell before nodding slowly.

"I love you, Elliot. But that is a mistake. Us having sex when weren't married is also a mistake." Olivia sighed. She turned back around slowly before unlocking the door. She pushed it open before stepping inside. She went to turn around and close the door to make sure it is locked, but it didn't even close because Elliot was standing there.