Dear Natalie

Elliot sat down in front of the camera, and looked at himself in the viewfinder. He was nervous, because this was a big deal to his wife, and he wanted to make her happy. He sighed as he leaned forward and hit the record button, before speaking slowly.

"Hey, Natalie. It's your father. I'm guessing you kinda figured that out now, but when you are watching this, you'll be older, and your mother won't be pregnant with you anymore." Elliot spoke, as he ran his hand over the back of his neck and bit his lip.

He didn't know what to say. This was the first time that he has ever did this, because Olivia didn't want to do a video for the twins, but Natalie was special. Natalie was their last child, and they lucked out when they doctor said the baby was a girl, and not like the twin boys that have been the light of their lives for so long. But with Natalie came the issue of her condition.

"So, once you are born, there is going to be lots of surgeries. Your little heart is outside of your chest, but the doctors will fix you. You'll be happy and healthy, and your Mommy and I are looking into plastic surgeons to make sure you don't scar." He breathed, but then he stood up and walked out of frame.

This was harder than he thought. He didn't like talking to nothing, but then again, this was supposed to go to his only daughter when she was old enough. 

"Okay, so right now I'm telling you that this was your mother's idea." Elliot spoke, as he laughed. He walked back into frame and sat down on the end of his bed and smiled.

"Your mother is amazing. She wants you to know that we love you so much. That everything we do is to make sure you and the twins have a good life. Now, there is a decent age difference, but we didn't plan it this way. We tried for so long to have you, and after a few losses, we got you." He grinned, before looking down at his lap.

 He had a small piece of paper with a few notes he decided that he wanted to say, but he didn't want to say those anymore. He just wanted to take to his precious princess, and explain how amazing Olivia was, and how strong she was being.

"We found out that your Mom was pregnant on the twins' birthday. Jack and Nolan just turned five, and we had barely slept the night before because your brothers were hyped up on sugar. It was amazing, but also surprising. We didn't think it would ever happen, but once it did happen, we wouldn't change it for the world. Natalie, I have so much to tell you. I don't know how long it will take, but stick around. This is going to mean the world to us, especially since I want to tell you everything. First of all, I love you."

---

Elliot talked for over an hour to his unborn daughter, before he went downstairs to where his wife and sons were. Olivia looked up from the fruit she was cutting for her hungry sons, and smiled at her husband.

"So, how'd it go?" Olivia questioned, and Elliot sighed.

"I think I did okay." Elliot replied.

"Just okay? This is our baby we are talking about." She smiled, and Elliot shrugged. He walked over to his sons, and ruffled their curly brown hair, before walking around the counter to his wife. He leaned in and kissed her softly, as she sat the knife down.

"So is it my turn now?" Olivia questioned, and her husband nodded.

"Oh yeah. I doubt you could beat me." He laughed, and she hit him playfully with the towel that had been on the counter, before heading towards the stairs.

Olivia didn't know that Elliot had been extremely nervous, and even though she looked calm and collected on the outside, she was also nervous. This was something no one had ever thought to do for her, and now she was doing it for her daughter, since she needed to know the strength she came from.

---

"Hey, Natalie. This is weird to say the least, because I never thought that I would have children, nor did I even think that my daughter would end up sick." Olivia sighed, as she shifted on her spot on the bed. Being nervous and pregnant was taking it's toll on her.

"So, in a week, you are going to be here, and getting your surgery. Well, one of many surgeries. But you're a fighter, I know that is true. From the moment your heart beat was heard, I knew that whatever came along, you'd make it through, which I'm thankful for."

Olivia tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as she thought of what to say next, and she figured it out almost instantly.

"I've never had someone fighting for me when I was younger. I was just trying to live without harming myself or others. You're grandmother was a drunk, and I promise you Natalie, that I'll never turn into her. I have too much to live for. Then I met your father. God is he amazing." Olivia stared to feel tears well in her eyes as she thought about her hero. 

It was important to both of Natalie's parents, that she know that her parents were amazing. Olivia loved talking about how Elliot saved her, while Elliot talked about how strong Olivia was, and how she saved herself. Neither of them realized that their daughter didn't care who was the strongest, because when she watched this video on her 16th birthday, she already knew that her parents were strong. That they protected the people of New York, and still managed to come home and take care of her and her brothers. Jack and Nolan may have left for college by this time, but Natalie's view on the world was always the same, and it really started when she got the tape labeled, Dear Natalie.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D