Memories

This one-shot is based on the Panic! At The Disco song called Memories. I hope you enjoy it! :D

She sat on the front steps and watched as her siblings pulled out of the driveway. She hated being so much younger than the rest of her family, and she hated to be treated like a little kid when she just turned 18. She's an adult, and she wants to be treated like one.

"You know, soon you'll be going to college and leaving us all." Olivia's mother breathed, as she sank down beside her youngest.

"Mom, I want to go now. I don't want to just sit by and watch as my siblings have lives and I'm not even allowed to date yet." Olivia huffed. Her mother wrapped her arm around her daughter's shoulders and drew her close.

"You still have plenty of time to grow up, Olivia. Plenty of time to be an adult. Just be a kid for a few more months." She replied, before kissing Olivia's messy brown hair. Olivia groaned before standing and heading down the path.

"I'm going for a walk. I'll be back later." Olivia spoke, before waving her hand at her mother and walking through the gate.

///

Olivia didn't make it far before Elliot showed up. Elliot and Olivia have been flirting with each other a lot. Elliot walked up beside her and grabbed her hand. She didn't make him drop it, and she held it tightly in hers.

"Why do you look so upset?" Elliot asked, and Olivia frowned.

"I'm 18, and I'm still treated like a child. I'm the youngest, and they treat me like I'm still a baby that can't take care of itself... I'm not even allowed to date! And I'm 18!" Olivia exclaimed. Elliot stopped her and smiled.

"Nothing is holding me down. So, let's go." He smiled.

"What? We would be going somewhere together? I'd be so grounded-"

"Liv, we would be leaving here. We could be on our own and be adults! We could figure out a way to pay the bills and to be happy. And we are planning on dating soon, right?"

"I guess so... But I'd miss my parents. I'm the only one at home now." Olivia breathed.

"It would be so nice. Just you and me. Out on our own. We could kiss. We could do stuff. We wouldn't have to follow our parents' rules! And we graduate in two weeks. We are already out of school but just need our diplomas." Elliot grinned. Olivia looked at him for several moments before stepping forward and snaking her arms around his neck and pressed a deep kiss to his lips.

"Let's get out of here."

///

Their parents didn't like that they left. They didn't think that Olivia and Elliot would be able to make it on their own since the world is a place neither of them has truly seen. They have had such sheltered lives, and now they couldn't be sheltered anymore.

"We might not make rent this month," Olivia spoke, as she looked at her boyfriend. He looked up at her and frowned.

"I'll take on more hours at the shop," Elliot replied, and Olivia nodded slowly. 

"We can do this, right? Like... nothing else is going to be thrown at us for a while... I wanna be back on our feet before everything starts getting hectic again." Olivia breathed.

"I hope so. But I think we can do this all just because we are together. I love you, Liv. And even if we aren't going to college yet and stuff, we will still be able to do everything we want." Elliot smiled. He leaned against the table and kissed her lips gently, before standing and grabbing his car keys.

"Where are you going?" She asked, and Elliot grinned.

"I'm going to work to make us some money. I'll see you in the morning before you head to work. I love you, darling." Elliot spoke, and Olivia nodded.

"I love you too, El."

///

July turned into December, and they couldn't pay the rent anymore. No matter how many jobs they had and how many hours they took on, rent seemed like something they could never pay. They got kicked out of their apartment and had to move into a much smaller one. But they stuck together because they loved each other.

Both of them kept thinking about how easy life was when they lived with their parents. They had it so easy, now it was so hard for them to just make ends meet. And life kept throwing them curveballs.

"We can't do this anymore!" Olivia cried as she paced the small room that is their bedroom. The bed barely fit, and they were living out of garbage bags.

"We can!" Elliot replied, and Olivia picked up the piles of bills from their bed and shoved them towards him.

"These are all past due. We are going to have insurance payments coming soon let alone hospital bills! Elliot, how the hell do you think we can fit a baby into this apartment!? We can't even keep food on the table let alone clothe and feed a baby!" Olivia cried.

"I wanna go back!" Elliot screamed, and Olivia went silent.

"What?" Olivia breathed.

"I want to go back. I wanna be kids again. I want to live with my parents and I don't want to have to worry if we will be evicted again. And this... we are having a baby and we won't be able to take care of it because we have no money." Elliot whimpered. Olivia bit her lip.

"All I can think about was how safe we were back then... we were so stupid."

"We should go home. They will let us stay at home again." Elliot spoke, and Olivia wiped a tear away from the corner of her mouth before shaking her head.

"We can't. We left." Olivia spoke, before tossing the papers back onto the bed.

///

Their smiles faded quickly, and nothing could bring them back. Eventually, they had to go back. Elliot talked to his parents about asking for help, and he stayed with them. Olivia's parents welcomed her back with open arms and helped her through the hard times. 

They thought that everything would be okay and that they had everything thought out. But instead, they didn't know that they'd end up so lost and in so much pain. What had started out as love, one that helped them get through everything, ended up as a broken relationship for their child to be born into. 

If only they hadn't been so ready to be free.

Hey guys, so this was horrible. But thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D