New Year's Day

New Year Eve had always been a blur to Olivia. She barely remembered any of them, but she always ended up waking up in her bed. This year, she woke up in her bed, but something was different. Actually a lot was different.

She was lacking clothes, there were partially full wine glasses on her dresser, and there was a completely naked man lying beside her. Olivia felt herself start to regret what she probably did the night before, or who she had slept with the night before. 

Olivia slowly pushed herself up, before leaning down and grabbing the sheet that had slipped from the bed. She wrapped it around her body before looking over at the man sleeping on the other side of the bed. Olivia looked at his back, but couldn't even figure out who he was. Not until he rolled over onto his back. Olivia's eyes went wide before she quickly gathered her clothes and made a run for the bathroom.

"Oh shit," Olivia whispered to herself over and over again. She closed her eyes tightly as she thought about this night would cause their friendship and their partnership.

"Hey, can I come in? I really need to use the bathroom." Elliot yawned from outside of Olivia's bathroom door. Olivia drew in a sharp breath before slowly opening the door. She looked at Elliot with wide eyes, before she hesitantly let her eyes trail over his body.

"Liv?" Elliot asked as he yawned.

"You are super naked." Olivia breathed. Elliot looked down before looking back at Olivia with wide eyes.

"What happened last night?" He asked quickly.

"I think we had sex."

///

Elliot got dressed and left without saying anything to Olivia. He didn't even look at her again. Olivia didn't know if she should go after him, so Olivia just showered and got dressed again. She went to work and sat at her desk as she thought about how different New Year's Eve had been compared to the other ones before. She had been drunk, but she also went home with someone. Someone she had never thought she'd ever have sex with. Olivia felt horrible because Elliot and Kathy were only separated, and now she had to go and do this.

"How was your night?" Fin asked, as he came into the squadroom and took his jacket off.

"What?" Olivia asked. She looked at Fin and he could see how nervous she was. He put his jacket on the back of his chair before walking over to Olivia.

"Are you okay? You seem spooked." Fin spoke.

"Oh... uh, last night was crazy. I did some things that I never wanted to do. So I'm not great." Olivia frowned. She ran her hands over her face before sighing. She was wishing that she had stayed home today. That she would have called in and said she was hungover. It was true, but she was also freaking out because she slept with her absolute best friend.

"Did you do someone that you didn't want too?" Fin laughed, but his laugh cut off suddenly when he saw a tear slip down Olivia's cheek.

"Liv-"

"I'm going home. I can't be here today."

///

Olivia couldn't go home either. She ended up in Times Square, just like the night before, and she walked around quietly. It was so much busier the night before, but now it seemed quiet. Olivia closed her eyes and she started to remember what had happened before. She started to remember how she and Elliot had been out drinking, but then stopped to watch the ball drop. As the count down started, Elliot wrapped his arms around Olivia and told her that he loved her. Then as it turned midnight, he kissed her.

"I can't believe what we did last night... I feel horrible for leading you on." Elliot spoke, and Olivia quickly opened her eyes and looked at Elliot.

"You told me that you loved me last night. You kissed me and you told me that you loved me." Olivia spoke.

"Liv, we were drunk. It was-"

"Three," Olivia spoke, as she turned to Elliot.

"What?"

"Two."

"Why are you counting-"

"One," Olivia spoke, before quickly wrapping her arms around Elliot. She pressed her body against his as she kissed him deeply. Elliot shoved his hands into the back pockets of Olivia's pants, and he squeezed her ass as they continued to kiss. They didn't seem to have a care in the world, and that explains why they were so willing to be kissing in the middle of Times Square.

"Are you drunk?" Elliot asked when they finally came up for air.

"I'm sober and in the right mind. I wanted to kiss you, and I know you wanted to kiss me too. It sucks that your marriage is ending, but you and Kathy are getting ready to sign the papers. I just think that if you still love me after that, that you'll come home to me tonight. You'll show up at my apartment and we will do what we did last night. But this time we will remember it."

///

As those in Times Square screamed to count down for the turn of the year, Olivia and Elliot stood together as Cragen married them. They asked him to do the honor of marrying them because if he hadn't requested Olivia to join the squad, Elliot and Olivia wouldn't have met.

"Happy New Year!" Loud voices were heard from outside, as Elliot and Olivia kissed. They rested their forehead against the others as tears ran freely down their cheeks.

"Happy New Year, Mrs. Stabler," Elliot spoke, and Olivia laughed as she took her hands and rubbed the tears from her husband's cheeks.

"You two are disgusting." Maureen teased, from where she and her siblings stood together.

"Congrats, you two," Kathy spoke, and Olivia was shocked by that. 

"Thanks for supporting us... and I swear that-"

"He's happy with you, Olivia. Don't apologize or try and make me feel better. I like you, and I support your marriage. And it's midnight. We should celebrate."

Olivia was dragged to the windows by her husband. Elliot wrapped his arms around her body and kissed her hair gently as they watched the fireworks off in the distance.

"This day had always been so hard for me... but now it's the best day of my life," Olivia whispered, before turning around and kissing her husband deeply.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D