Identical

Olivia straightened her back after standing over a filing cabinet for a few hours. She stretched her arms above her head before sighing softly. 

"Hey, so someone is here for you," Nick spoke as he walked quietly into the filing room. Olivia turned and smiled at him before seeing his expression.

"What's happening, Nick?" Olivia asked nervously. She moved towards him and examined his face closer before swallowing hard as he reached out and grabbed her hand.

"Liv, it's this girl who said she knows you. She asked to see you and quickly." 

"Okay... so maybe she's a victim. Get the paperwork around and leave it on my desk. I'll fill it out once I talk to her." Olivia spoke. She quickly grabbed her phone before moving from the room. Nick ran his hands over his face before sighing.

"She's not a victim... she's your sister."

///

Olivia walked into the squad room before approaching a woman that was sitting at her desk. Olivia gently moved around so she could look at her before reaching her hand out to her.

"Hello. I'm Detective Benson. What's your name?" Olivia asked. The woman lifted her head and Olivia felt herself lose the breath of air she had just inhaled.

"We do look the same." The woman spoke as Olivia stumbled back. She stepped back into someone, but their hands went to her waist and stabilized her.

"It's okay, babe." Elliot breathed. He had witnessed what was happening from his office and needed to get to his wife before she completely disappeared.

"Who is she?" Olivia sniffled, as she put her hands up to prevent the woman from approaching her. Olivia felt like she was staring in a mirror and it scared her. The woman looked exactly like her, except without the scar on her upper lip.

"I'm Ava... I'm your twin." She spoke. Olivia shook her head before quickly shaking from her husband's grip. She ran from the squadroom and Elliot looked at his wife's twin.

"You are the spitting image of my wife."

"She's married to you?" Ava asked shocked.

"For ten years," Elliot replied. Ava nodded slowly before looking back at the door that her sister had run from.

"Is she going to come back?" Ava questioned and Elliot shrugged.

"She's a special creature. She will probably hide for a bit and process what is happening before coming back out here... give me your contact information and I'll make sure she contacts you soon." Elliot spoke. Ava nodded before grabbing a pen and a sticky note from Olivia's desk. She scrawled her name and number onto the paper before handing it to Elliot.

"I want to get to know her."

"I'm sure she'll want to get to know you too. Just not now."

///

Elliot drove home that night and found his wife sitting in the living room with an empty bottle of wine in front of her. Elliot heard no other noise in the house, and he was wondering if the kids were there or staying with someone else.

"Babe?" Elliot asked as he moved towards her. He set his briefcase on the coffee table before sitting down beside his wife. He had gotten a call from Ava before he left work earlier, but he had no news to tell her. Olivia hadn't called to tell him that she was okay, so he couldn't even tell the woman that was a spitting image of his wife that she was okay.

"I have no idea what happened," Olivia whispered as she kept her eyes focused on the wine bottles.

"What do you mean?" Elliot asked.

"How do I have a twin sister? Like, my mother was sure that she was only pregnant with me." Olivia breathed.

"Ava knows more," Elliot spoke.

"She does? Wait... I don't want to talk to her. I don't want to just talk to a complete stranger that looks exactly like me." Olivia mumbled. She went to stand, but she swayed and fell back onto the couch. Elliot ran his hand over her leg before leaning close and kissing her temple.

"At least give her a chance to tell you what she knows." Elliot breathed. Olivia shook her head before reaching for her wine glass. Elliot stopped her and she smacked his hand away.

"Don't stop me... I need it." She growled.

"Where are the kids?" Elliot asked, deciding to change the subject.

"They are upstairs sleeping... Lucy stayed with them while I was downstairs... I started to get drunk down there but came up here once the kids went to bed." Olivia slurred before she stood and kept her balance before moving towards the stairs. Elliot followed but was pushed away.

"Leave me alone."

///

Olivia ran her hands over her face as she walked into work the next morning. She was hungover but refused to stay home. She had gotten the kids on the bus and the youngest two to the sitter's house, but that was as much as she managed to do that morning.

"Olivia!" Ava called, and Olivia jumped before turning and looking at her sister. Olivia swallowed hard as her twin approached her.

"I'm not ready." She whimpered.

"I know, Olivia. I wasn't ready when I found out about this all. I didn't know that our father raped our mother until last year. I spent months trying to find you, and those were the hardest months of my life. I was trying to take care of my family, get used to the fact that I had a twin, and that my mother and father were both dead." Ava explained, as she reached out and rested her hand against her sister's arm.

"Ava... do you want something from me? Or just a relationship?" Olivia asked quietly.

"Honey, all I want is to get to know my sister. For my kids to get to know your kids. And, no offense, but I think that I might make more money than you." Ava laughed softly.

"I'm scared." Olivia whimpered.

"Me too... but I won't hurt you," Ava spoke. She went to turn and walk away, but Olivia stopped her.

They exchanged looks for a moment before Olivia hugged her sister tightly as tears streamed down her cheeks. She felt whole all of a sudden. Something she hadn't felt her whole life.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D