Problem

"I've been sober for three days today. If it hadn't been for the man who attacked me, I wouldn't even be here." Olivia spoke, as she looked out at the people in front of her. She was sweating a bit from not having had a drink in 3 days, and having people look at her was also bothering her. She didn't want to admit that she had an issue, but when Captain Cragen said that she either had to get help or she wouldn't have a job anymore so she picked going to meetings.

"I wasn't an alcoholic before the attack. I would have some wine or whiskey every once and awhile. But then this man took me and held me captive for a while, and when I got rescued I needed something to lean on when my boyfriend didn't understand." She whispered because this was the most she has opened up in a while. These people didn't know who she was, but she liked it that way. They didn't know her past, so they could listen without bias.

"Uh, thanks," Olivia whispered because she didn't know what else to say. She walked away from the front of the room and sat down in a seat at the very end of the row. Other people got up to speak and Olivia just stared ahead numbly. And she didn't move until the sounds of chairs being put away caught her attention. She blinked a few times before standing and folding her chair.

Now to go to an empty apartment where not even her own boyfriend was going to be there to help her through her night terrors.

///

When Brian opened the door to the apartment he shares with Olivia, he could smell the sound of bleach mixed with furniture polish. He was confused at first, but then he looked around and noticed how all of the boxes were unpacked and his girlfriend was scrubbing the stove with a toothbrush. Once again he was wishing he hadn't come home because he was feeling like Olivia was too much to handle.

"Liv, what the hell are you doing?" Brian questioned, as he walked towards the kitchen.

"I'm cleaning. Isn't that clear?" She replied.

"Okay, I was just asking. Geez, cool off." He huffed, as he sat his to-go cup into the sink before walking towards the bedroom.

"Where were you?" She questioned slowly.

"I was at work. Where were you?" Brian spat back.

"I was at a meeting."

"What meeting? Was it with Tucker because he realized you were a shitty detective?" He laughed bitterly. Olivia turned around as she tucked her bangs behind her ear.

"I was at a fucking AA meeting, asshat. You'd know that if you came home at a decent hour and actually talked to me. I've been seeking help because you can't do anything for me anymore." She hissed, and Brian's eyes went wide as he watched her. She never gets this angry, but he could swear he saw steam coming out of her ears.

"You went to an AA meeting to get attention, something that you have been seeking since Lewis took you." He spoke calmly.

"You aren't home enough to know that I was getting drunk every night, and then I'd go into work and be so fucking wasted and hungover. You wouldn't know that I needed someone to tell me to stop, because when you'd get home you'd go straight into the bedroom. I assume that the fact that you were smelling like cheap perfume that you were cheating on me too."

"Liv..."

"Don't even try. Just go to fucking bed and be out in the morning."

"What? Are you kicking me out of our apartment?" He questioned, and she laughed.

"I'm sober, baby. I don't need someone hurting me again so I turn back to the bottle."

///

For some reason, a switch went off in Olivia's head when she saw Brian that night. She decided that she wasn't her mother and wasn't going to ruin her life by being a drunk. She started to go to 2 meetings a day. One before work and one after work. Then she would go to the gym and run for several hours. She tried to keep her mind off of everything, especially the fact that she had started to want Brian back. But that is when her best friend came back into her life.

"The only time I've seen you run, you've been wearing heeled black boots. Seeing you run in sneakers is weird." Elliot smiled, as he looked over at Olivia. She was running on the treadmill next to the bench he was lifting on. She jumped a bit when she heard his voice, but when she turned to look at him, she smiled.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She questioned, and he sighed as he sat forward. It was nearly midnight and barely anyone was here so seeing someone else here was weird for Olivia.

"I'm working out. Gotta keep this guns to their full potential." Elliot smirked. Olivia turned off the treadmill before climbing off. She walked passed him and kicked his legs as she grabbed her towel.

"Oh. Yeah, that's right. Punching lockers doesn't work anymore right?" She mused, and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm doing AA. Kinda helps to work out. Gets my mind off of the whiskey and helps me get onto Kathy's good side so I can see Eli."

"Woah, that kid must be almost 6, right?" Olivia asked, as Elliot stood and sat on the bench where she had sat her bag.

"Yeah, he's getting big. And I've been sober for 3 of those years." Elliot smiled gently.

"I'm not here to really stay in shape, I'm here because I'm in AA also." She sighed.

"Yeah?" He questioned, surprised. The last person he thought he'd hear that from is Olivia.

"Yeah." 

They sat together in silence before they each sighed.

"Well, why don't we go and get something to eat, my treat. We can catch up and then maybe I can help you and you can help me."

"How can I help you, Stabler? I'm not sleeping with you if that is what you are thinking." She smirked, and Elliot laughed.

"Nope. Talk to my ex, and I'll make sure you never get drunk again." He smiled, and she laughed before nodding.

"Okay, partner. But I want steak I think. Or lobster." 

Elliot laughed as he stood and reached his hand out to Olivia. They walked out of the gym together as if they hadn't been separated for 3 years.

Sorry for the crappy one shot but thanks for reading. Please vote and comment all of your feedback below.