New Year's Day: Part Two

Good things happened for Olivia and Elliot at the turn of the year. That's when they first fell in love. That's when they got married a year after their first kiss. And that is when their first child together was brought into the world.

"This is our day." Elliot smiled, as he stood with his wife and changed their daughter's diaper.

"It is. I never loved this day until I finally got to kiss you." Olivia smiled, as she rubbed her husband's back as he did the dirty work of changing their daughter's diaper.

"We still need to name her. Your doctor is going to come in here and ask for her name since she is the first baby born in the New Year. Kinda wish she would have waited till noon or something, so then we could have at least watch the ball drop." Elliot said, his voice laced with sarcasm. Olivia smacked his arm before reaching down and making sure to secure the diaper and then she lifted her baby up. She held her close and kissed her bald head before moving back to her bed.

"I'm still favoring Nora," Olivia spoke, as she climbed into bed with her baby. Elliot walked over and sat on the edge of the bed before gently caressing the baby's head as his wife moved her into the crook of her arm.

"I like it. I just don't know what nickname we can use." Elliot replied. Olivia sighed before shaking her head.

"All of the kids don't have to have a nickname. But if you need it, we can use her middle name."

"Nora... then what?"

"I don't know. You need to help now!" Olivia laughed. Elliot smiled, as he leaned back and started to think. Kathy had named all of the other kids because Elliot had been the one to run out and make calls announcing the birth of yet another Stabler, and to get the other kids. Maureen had come into the world so quickly, that Elliot didn't even get there until after she had been born, cleaned up, and named.

"Let's stay with a classic," Elliot spoke.

"Okay, can I know what the classic name is or do I have to guess?" She questioned.

"Marie. It's Elizabeth's middle name and I'm sure she'll love sharing it with her baby sister."

"If we tell her today she will because today is our lucky day."

///

Nora and Olivia were released two days later. The other Stabler kids couldn't come up to meet their sister because they were all too young to be allowed into the maternity wing. So they were gathered at their father's house to meet the newest addition. 

"So what did you end up naming her, Liv? Dad wouldn't tell us." Maureen spoke, as she walked from the bathroom after washing her hands. She walked over to where her step-mother was sitting and holding the surprisingly little baby girl. All of the Stabler babies seemed to be very sturdy from birth, but Nora was smaller and more delicate.

"Nora Marie. Your father actually picked out her middle name. But he claims she will never have a nickname because I wanted to name her Nora." Olivia said with a sigh as she passed her baby to Maureen. Maureen held the baby expertly and held her close. She caressed her cheeks and kissed her forehead. She smiled when Nora opened her eyes and showed off the dark blues that they were.

"It's like Dad's eye color and yours mixed together. They are so perfect and I feel like I could get lost in my baby sister's eyes." Maureen smiled. A tear slipped down her cheek, and Olivia quickly reached over and brushed it away before speaking.

"Why are you crying, sweetie?" Olivia asked, and Maureen sighed.

"I never expected to be happy that my parents got a divorce. But they are so much happier with their new significate others. Like Mom smiles all the time. And you and Dad... he is meant to be with you. And we are meant to have Nora as our baby sister. My Mom talks about how great you and Dad are together."

"Can I have that documented next time?" Olivia laughed, as the other kids joined them.

"So, what's her name, Livvie?" Eli asked as he climbed onto her lap.

"Nora Marie," Olivia spoke again, but she got the same response as before. Everything about her was perfect and they loved her so much already.

///

One full year later, Olivia and Elliot stood in Times Square with little Nora bundled up and with headphones on to block out the sound. They were celebrating their favorite holiday together as a family for the first time, and even the rest of Elliot's kids were there. Smiles were covering their faces as they counted down to the new year. As the ball dropped and the hour and year changed, Elliot wrapped his arm around his wife and drew her into a kiss. They kissed deeply for several long moments before Nora cried out and flailed her arms. 

"Why are you so awake right now, Nora? We are going to be screwed tomorrow at her birthday party." Olivia laughed, as she turned her daughter around and lifted her up as more confetti fell.

"I think it's because she knows she's one now, Liv!" Eli cried over the noise. Olivia nodded as she brought her daughter back down and covered her rosy cheeks with kisses and plenty of them.

"Happy Birthday, little miss." Olivia breathed into her daughter's ear before passing her to her husband. Olivia turned to the kids and drew them into a tight hug.

"Thanks for making the last year amazing for me. And thanks for being amazing big brothers and sisters to Nora. Knowing that she always has someone there for her, it means the absolute world to me and your father." Olivia spoke, as she gave them a tight squeeze. She was surprised that she managed to wrap her arms around most of the kids.

"What's in store for this year, Liv? Isn't something special going to happen?" Maureen asked. She was used to good things happening and or starting, and now she was wondering what was next.

"We are going to have another special day in early August." Olivia smiled, and the kids already knew what was happening and they couldn't wait. 

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D