You and I

Here you go lovelyriverdale6! I hope you enjoy! :)

They walked around his apartment together. He gave her a tour of the place he called home and made sure to avoid Eli's room, since it was the dirtiest part of his entire apartment. Elliot was just opening the door to his bedroom when he noticed that Olivia had been lost along the way.

"Liv?" Elliot asked as he backtracked. He stopped at the end of the hall and saw that Olivia was staring at the pictures on the wall. The one her eyes were locked on was of them. It was at Olivia's birthday dinner, and she had forced her birthday crown onto Elliot's head.

"Where did you find this?" Olivia questioned, once Elliot's hand had found a place on the small of her back. Elliot felt a small smile grow on his lips as he examined the picture.

"Kathy had it tucked away in one of our moving boxes. It had been in my office in Italy, and she must have grabbed it when we moved things." Elliot replied softly. Olivia swallowed hard before hesitantly moving her eyes from the framed picture and to the others on the wall.

Olivia watched as the Stabler family grew before her eyes. She couldn't help but smile at the thought of watching Elliot losing hair along the way.

"Olivia-"

"Isn't it weird that we are in the apartment that you were supposed to live in with your wife?"

"Liv-"

"Elliot, it's weird for me. I don't know if it is for you, but for me, it is." Olivia whispered. She turned quickly before slipping towards the door. Her hand never made contact with the handle because Elliot was pulling her back and turning her towards him.

She didn't dare to meet his eyes, so she kept her gaze locked on the bit of skin that Elliot's v-neck tee was revealing.

"I love you, Olivia. I brought you here to show off my home, but also to inform you of the love I have for you. We have been spending so much more time together, but both of our homes have been off limits. I get that it's because you don't want me to see where you live and the possibility that you may have left your bra hanging in your bathroom or something, but I'm tired of meeting up at restaurants and talking for hours in a car. So please don't let this be weird, because Kathy never came here. She never stepped foot into this apartment." Elliot breathed. He took his fingers and gently tilted Olivia's head so she could finally look into his eyes.

"You love me?" Olivia asked weakly, and Elliot nodded.

"I never expected to say that to you, but yes. I love you."

///

Elliot walked out onto the patio with two mugs of steaming coffee in his hands. Olivia was sitting on one of the benches, her body wrapped in a few blankets.

"Are you in shock?" Elliot asked as he passed the coffee to Olivia before slipping under one of the blankets. 

"I never in a million years expected for my partner to make love to me... Elliot, it's been so long since anyone has touched me like that." Olivia whispered. She was almost embarrassed to speak about her past relationships, especially since she didn't want Elliot to feel disgusted by her.

"I can do that again, Liv. Just-"

"Slow down, El. Can't we just discuss everything that happened?"

"Liv, we made love. That is all that happened."

"We kissed, you confessed your love to me, and we made love. There is a lot more than you seem to realize. It was a big deal."

They sipped their coffee for a few moments before Elliot sighed.

"Do we tell the kids or keep our mouths shut? If this turns into anything, we will have to tell them all, especially since Eli will have a little brother and we'll be living together. Do we-" Elliot rambled before being cut off when Olivia kissed him.

They kept kissing each other as if they had been kissing each other their entire lives. It was if Olivia was always supposed to be Elliot's girlfriend, and that they were meant to sit here together and make out.

"You are fantastic at shutting me up." Elliot spoke once Olivia's lips hesitantly left his.

"I always have been. You used to run your mouth like crazy when we were just detectives. Now, we are so much more to each other." Olivia breathed. She kissed Elliot one last time before pulling the blankets tighter around her body.

Elliot watched his girlfriend for a moment before smiling and standing.

"Where are you going?" Olivia asked. Elliot walked into the house and returned a moment later with his phone. He scrolled through something before he picked a song and turned the volume up. 

Elliot moved to Olivia before helping her to her feet.

"What are you doing?"

"At the ceremony, there was going to be dancing. Right?"

"Uh, I don't know. I wasn't-"

"Well, let's pretend there was. That you were in a beautiful dress that hugged your curves and a pair of heels that weren't boots. Your hair would be curled and falling over your shoulders... I would have asked you to dance with me and you would have fought me." Elliot spoke as he looped his arms around Olivia's body.

"I'm still going to fight you, El. I wasn't made for dancing. This body was made for chasing after bad guys." Olivia said with a nervous laugh.

"Shh, let me set the scene." Elliot spoke as he spun Olivia around.

They swayed for a few more moments before Elliot spoke again.

"We'd be speaking about how much I had missed, and how much you hated me."

"Is this happening before or after Kathy passed?" Olivia breathed.

"After, because you know... I'd still be with her."

"Okay, continue."

"We'd dance together for the entire song and many more after. Once your feet would get tired, you'd insist we sit down. But right before we left the dance floor, I'd wrap you in my arms and we'd kiss. For the first time in front of everyone. "

"See, even though that sounds amazing... I prefer dancing here with you. Where no one is watching and I can do whatever I want to you all night long..." Olivia smiled before resting her head in the crook of Elliot's neck and letting out an elated sigh.