Won't Let Go: Part Two

Olivia laid in bed wide awake as she thought about the night she realized that she wanted to marry Elliot, and when she finally felt such a deep and intense love for him. The night was probably just as stupid as the night Elliot realized he wanted to be with her, but love is love. And when you fall in love, you can't really decide where it happens or when it happens.

11 Years Ago

"Fuck me." Elliot groaned as he laid in a hospital bed on his side. Olivia was having a hard time not laughing because Elliot had been shot right in the butt just like Munch had years before. At least it wasn't the same guy.

"You'll be okay, Stabler," Olivia spoke, as she ran her hands over her pants.

"No, because not only do I have a bullet hole in my ass, I also am missing our date tonight. This is the absolute worst day of my life." Elliot spoke, and Olivia frowned deeply before leaning forward and kissing his lips gently.

Elliot had been trying to get Olivia to date him for nearly a year, and this was the first time that they had kissed. Olivia felt like her body was tingling from just kissing his lips gently.

"That was uncalled for but amazing." Elliot smiled, and Olivia blushed for a moment before sighing softly.

"We can always go on another date, El. And for now, you need your rest. Just don't roll over or anything." Olivia breathed, before standing up and gathering her stuff to leave.

"Liv?" Elliot asked, and Olivia looked over at him as he looked at her over his shoulder.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"I love you." He breathed, and Olivia blushed an even darker red.

"I... ditto."

///

Olivia didn't know what to say when Elliot told her that he loved her. They had only been going out for a few months, and he just kinda rushed into telling her something she was unsure of still. She was unsure if she would ever be able to actually love someone the way that she knew Elliot could.

"How's your boyfriend?" Fin asked as he joined Olivia at the cop bar next to the precinct.

"He is angry because he was shot in the ass and because we missed our date tonight because of it," Olivia replied. Fin nodded slowly as he looked at her.

"It was kinda scary tonight, huh?" Fin asked.

"It was... Thinking about losing Elliot was beyond scary for me. He's my best friend, and I think I kinda want to be with him."

"Isn't that why you are dating him?" Fin questioned. He didn't know why people bothered dating, and he didn't know why Olivia and Elliot didn't just get married because he was tired of having the want to tell them to get a room.

"Fin, I mean that I kinda want to marry him and I want to have his children... that type of being with him." Olivia breathed, before feeling her face grow hot again. She hasn't even told Elliot this yet, but here she is telling Fin this.

"What did he tell you?" Fin questioned. He knew Olivia only got this flustered and embarrassed when someone really bears their soul to her when she is really involved in every inch of their soul.

"He said he loves me... Fin... I kissed him for the first time today and today was the first time he had to drop that bomb on me!"

"And all you said was 'thank you' right?" He asked.

"All I said was ditto... I fucking said ditto!" Olivia exclaimed, before running her hand over her face.

"That is such a Liv move." He laughed.

"A Liv move? What the hell?!"

"Yeah. Stop hiding your emotions, baby girl. Just go and tell him that you love him too. Like the three words, don't just say ditto again." Fin spoke, and Olivia sighed softly before nodding.

"Okay... I guess I can."

///

Olivia stumbled into Elliot's hospital room and saw him sitting on a chair. Olivia heard the foam pillow he was sitting on squeak as he shifted.

"You might make those noises when you are older," Olivia spoke, and Elliot looked at her.

"What are you doing here, Liv?" Elliot asked. He was a little sad that she didn't tell him that she loves him.

"I love you, Elliot Stabler. You know that I'm a freak when it comes to emotions, but Fin talked to me and he said I hide my emotions. But then I told him that I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you... that I want to marry you and have all of your little blue-eyed babies." Olivia spoke, and this time Elliot's eyes went wide.

"Okay then." He breathed.

"I scared you... didn't I?" She asked as she tried to keep her eyes closed so she wouldn't have to look at Elliot.

"No... not at all. I'm just thinking about our kids now. How many do you want?"

"Elliot, do you want to spend the rest of your life with me?" Olivia breathed.

"I might need some more time... but Liv, I think I will. I think that I might just need some more time as you did." Elliot breathed.

"Sounds good... uh, I'm gonna leave you to heal. I'll see you tomorrow." Olivia breathed.

"No. Stay. Please." Elliot begged.

"Really?" Olivia breathed.

"Yeah. Really. Come here."

///

Present

"Are you awake?" Olivia whispered, as she rolled over and looked at her husband.

"Yeah? I've been hearing you toss and turn all night." Elliot replied.

"When you got shot in the ass... that was when I realized that I wanted to be with you. Like, even before I told you that I loved you and such in the hospital." Olivia breathed.

"I know." Elliot yawned.

"Did I force you to fall in love with me?" Olivia questioned.

"No. Because I was already starting to fall down that slippery slope to fall in love with you." Elliot breathed.

"Oh. Cool." Olivia breathed. She started to smile as she looked up at the ceiling as she heard Dylan leave his room to climb into bed with them as usual.

"I fall more in love with you every day though, Livvie. Don't forget that."

"I could never..."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D