Finding Noah

Olivia let out a tight-lipped sigh as she took her glasses off. She was exhausted from looking through reports, but no matter how tired she was, she'd never stop.

"Captain?" Amanda asked softly as she opened the door. Olivia looked up and shook her head as tears burned her eyes.

"Nothing new tonight, Rollins... it's been ten years, and he is never coming back." Olivia sighed.

"I'm sorry, Liv. I really am... but it's late and you should really head out."

"Amanda-"

"C'mon, Liv. Please. Either go home to your apartment or come home to my house. Sonny said the kids all crashed early tonight, so we can drink wine and talk." Amanda smiled.

"I'm okay, thank you, though. Tell everyone else to head out, too. I'll work the night shift." Olivia spoke, before dismissing her Sergeant.

///

Olivia kept dozing off in her office. She was supposed to stay up, but it was hard. The days had gotten so hard and longer that usual, that nothing could keep her awake right now.

"Captain Benson?" The desk officer asked as he opened her office door. Olivia kept sleeping with her head against her desk.

"Captain." The officer whispered once he had made it to her side. He shook her quickly, and Olivia sat up as she smacked the officer's hand.

"I-i'm sorry." Olivia mumbled once she realized who was beside her.

"It's okay... but there is someone out there asking to talk to the person in charge. So do you want me to call Lieutenant Tutuola or-"

"Don't call Fin nor Rollins. I'll deal with it. Please, just show them to an interview room and I'll be there in a moment."

Olivia gathered her items and found her glasses before heading out of her office. She went into the occupied interview room before knocking on the door. 

"I'm Captain Benson. I was told that you needed to talk to me?" Olivia asked. 

"Uh, yeah. I just turned eighteen, and I needed to report what I think was my kidnapping." The teen spoke. Olivia looked at him for a moment before nodding as she sank down across from him.

"Why do you think you were kidnapped?" Olivia asked.

"Well, when I was eight, my grandmother came into town and then we left town together. I know I had a mom, but it's been so long that I don't know much about her anymore. She's like a blurry picture in my mind." He breathed.

Olivia nodded weakly as she thought about her son's kidnapping. When Noah was taken from her, it was as if he had never existed. He and Sheila fell off the face of the Earth, but that didn't stop Olivia from searching for the last ten years, hoping to find her little boy.

"Can I have your name? Then I can search up your family and hopefully help you reunite with them." Olivia smiled weakly.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry... It's Noah, Noah Porter." He replied.

Olivia's hand froze as she scrawled out her little boy's name. She couldn't muster up the courage to lift her eyes and looked at Noah again.

"Captain Benson?" Noah asked softly.

"Noah, what is your grandmother's name?" Olivia breathed.

"Sheila Porter. And we need to get this going. She thinks I left the hotel to get some air."

"She's in the city?" Olivia asked, and Noah nodded.

"Yeah, we are staying in a hotel near the river. Why?"