Used To Be: Part Two

Elliot slipped his way over to Olivia's table as her laugh graced his ears. He couldn't believe that she was there. That the only woman that he had ever truly loved was there and he had another shot. Or at least he thought he had a shot. He had cheated on Olivia and broke her heart, so in reality, his chances were slim.

"Excuse me, but Olivia it's me. Elliot." Elliot spoke, with the same cocky smile he has used his whole life. He even had it on his face when he was a baby.

Olivia lifted her eyes from her glass of water and made eye contact with Elliot. She swallowed hard before looking nervously at those that were sitting with her. 

"Uh, hey... everyone... you must remember Elliot," Olivia spoke, and Elliot looked around the table and saw all of the friends that they used to share. But when they broke up, everyone took Olivia's side. And even if Elliot couldn't understand at the moment, he understood later. Cheating wasn't a good thing, even if he had fun doing it.

"Hey, everyone. Nice glasses, Alex." Elliot smiled. 

"What are you doing here, Elliot? And why are you over here bothering us?" Alex huffed. Olivia frowned as she looked at her protective best friend.

"Alex lay off..." Olivia trailed. She looked up at Elliot and saw that his face had darkened.

"I just wanted to say hi... I haven't seen you all in years... Liv, it's been like-"

"About 12 years... It's been long. I hope you are well." Olivia spoke, and that was her dismissing him. After the hell he put her through years ago, she was worried that he was just back to give her shit. To hurt her again.

"Liv-"

"She doesn't want you around, Elliot Give her some space and go finish your beer." Alex spat. Elliot turned around and stumbled back to his table. Olivia looked at Alex and kneaded her eyebrows together.

"You didn't have to be so mean to him, Alex. Clearly he looks lost." Olivia breathed.

"You aren't in the correct condition to deal with him. So don't get yourself into trouble." Alex spoke, and as the table's conversation picked up, Olivia sat quietly as she looked at Elliot and watched the sadness on his face.

///

Dinner was finished and drinks had been drained. Olivia made sure all of her friends got into cabs and headed home, before moving towards the parking structure that she had parked in. As Olivia was slowly climbing the stairs to the second floor, she heard her name breathed. Olivia stopped on the landing before looking behind her.

"Hey, Elliot. Sorry about Alex tonight. She's very protective of me." Olivia spoke, as Elliot quickly caught up with her. They continued up the stairs as Elliot yawned a bit.

"It's okay. I deserved it." Elliot spoke, and Olivia shook her head.

"You don't deserve it, El. What you did to me was wrong, but it was years ago. I've forgiven you for it." Olivia spoke gently.

"You have?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I have. I don't really have the energy to hate you anymore." Olivia said. They walked in silence and Elliot pulled his keys from his pocket as Olivia played with the key for her car.

"Did you end up in college?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I went to nursing school. I love it." Olivia smiled. Elliot stopped her from walking and pulled her into a tight hug. Olivia felt comfortable in his arms and hugged him back. But the tightness of the hug made Elliot realize that something wasn't right.

"Liv?" Elliot asked, as he stepped back and looked at her.

"Yeah?" She asked nervously.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked, and Olivia let out a weak laugh before nodding.

"Yeah. Uh, 24 weeks." Olivia smiled. She unzipped her jacket and Elliot could see her stomach clearly. 

"Oh." He breathed.

"Elliot-"

"I guess I missed my shot." He frowned.

"What? Elliot!" Olivia exclaimed as Elliot moved away from Olivia.

"You are married, Olivia! Or at least dating someone!"

"No, I'm not! Elliot, this baby was conceived when... well you don't need to know who this baby's father is or how it happened. Elliot, I'm single. I like being single or at least prefer it to being in a dead-end relationship." Olivia spoke. Elliot stopped before turning around slowly and looking at her hesitantly.

"I still love you." He spoke, and Olivia's eyes went wide.

"I had nothing to drink... but I know you did. So you are just drunk. You don't love me... you don't mean that. But you should probably get a cab instead of driving home." Olivia spoke, as she moved quickly to where her car was parked.

"Olivia, I haven't stopped loving you! I'm 32, and I've only dated you!" Elliot exclaimed. Olivia stopped short before just shaking her head.

"Sober up, Elliot. I'll call you tomorrow to check-in. I just need your number." Olivia spoke. 

"I have the same number, Olivia. I've never changed it in hopes you'd call me."

///

Olivia asked Elliot out to breakfast the next morning before her shift. They met up at a diner next to the hospital, and they both had questions for each other. 

"Who's the father?" Elliot asked, shortly after they ordered breakfast and got their drinks. Olivia got orange juice and Elliot got black coffee. He had to restrain himself from pouring whiskey into it from the small bottle he kept in his pocket.

"Okay, I guess no small talk... but he's one of my bosses. He's unmarried, so that's good. But we were secretly dating for a few months, and then right before I told him I was pregnant he got transferred." Olivia spoke.

"That kid is gonna be smart with a nurse and a doctor as it's parents."

"Hopefully smarter than me..." Olivia trailed off. She closed her eyes before dropping her head.

"Liv, do you want help?" Elliot asked, and Olivia quickly lifted her head.

"Huh?"

"I know that I was a bad man. That I didn't do what I should have to keep you around... but please, Liv. Let me help you with the baby. I'm sure that he could use another uncle in his life." Elliot spoke. Olivia brushed a tear from her cheek before reaching across the table and grabbing his hand.

"I can always use the help..."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D