DNA Results: Part 2

Elliot looked Olivia over as she stood frozen in the doorway.

"You look amazing, Liv." Elliot smiled as he finally decided to speak. 

"What are you doing here? With no warning at all?" Olivia breathed as tears welled in her eyes. When Elliot left, Olivia's heart and soul broke. She wasn't the same afterwards, and she didn't even feel whole again with him standing across from her.

"Olivia, I came because I got a letter."

"A letter? I never sent you a letter. I didn't know which hell hole you had crawled into when you left, so I just pretended like you didn't exist... but now you are standing in front of me and you are pretty damn real."

"Hey-"

"What letter?!" Olivia yelled as she ran her fingers over her cheek.

"This one. It came from Trevor Langan's office, I think. It says that I have thirty days to lay claim on my grandson, but I missed the deadline. I thought it was a scam or something. Then I got another letter saying that I missed the deadline and that my grandson was adopted."

"Okay, so I don't know who your grandson is. Trevor works on adoptions all the time, so go talk to him. Please, leave me alone." Olivia frowned. She went to shut the door, but then Elliot stopped her. He grabbed her hand gently before showing her the letter.

She swallowed hard as she read it over before realizing what this meant.

"Which daughter had a baby?" Olivia whispered as she hesitantly let Elliot into the apartment.

"I had to call them and ask, but Kathleen admitted to having a baby. She hid her pregnancy from us all, and just gave him up. She didn't give Kathy and myself a chance to raise the baby. To take over until she was back on her medicine and ready to take over." Elliot breathed.

"Elliot, Noah is my baby." Olivia whispered, as her heart pounded in her chest.

"He's my grandson, Liv. Kathleen's baby... he needs to be with our family. I'm sorry that you went through this all to not end up with a baby, but I'm here to take Noah home. To his actual family." Elliot frowned.

Olivia looked at Elliot and shook her head. She handed him back the letter as her head spun.

"Elliot, I went through everything in the proper way. We sent out those letters, and we did multiple DNA tests. The girl who claimed to be his mother was murdered, but she was just delusional and actually wasn't his mother. So she was out of the picture, and Kathleen's DNA wasn't in the system so we couldn't directly contact her... but I did everything right. You can't just come here and demand to take my baby. My son. The little boy that I have been raising for months."

"He's a Stabler, Olivia! Not a Benson. So I need him. I will call the cops and-"

"I am the cops, you asshole! You can't waltz in here and demand my baby! So get the hell out of here. Now."

///

Olivia was anxious all night, and she ended up at Trevor's brownstone in the middle of the night. She held a sleeping Noah in her arms as she knocked on the door. After a while, Trevor came to the door and looked at Olivia.

"Liv? What are you doing here?" He yawned.

"Why didn't you tell me that Elliot Stabler was one of the family members that you were required to notify?" 

"Elliot Stabler? Your old partner?" Trevor asked with wide eyes.

"Yes! You two never got along!" Olivia huffed.

"Liv, I would have told you! I didn't know, because the notifications was my assistant's job!"

"Well, he showed up at my apartment and demanded that I gave him Noah. Kathleen is my baby's mother."

"Biological mother, Liv. Not legal. You are his mother. You love him more than anyone else does." Trevor explained softly.

"I need your help."

"I will always help you in regards to Noah. So tell me what you need, and I'll make sure that it's done."

"Get him to stay the hell away from me and Noah... and make him realize that his time has passed, and I am legally Noah's mother. I won't give that up."

"Okay. I will do that. Now, go home. Get some sleep. Enjoy your baby."

///

Olivia tried to relax, but it was hard. All she could think about was her son being taken from her one day. But instead of him being pulled from her, Elliot tried to guilt her into just handing him over.

"I told you that I didn't want to see you." 

"I'm not the only one here. I brought Kathleen."

"K-kathleen?" Olivia whispered.

"Hi, Liv." Kathleen spoke, as she stepped out from behind her father.

"This is just mean."

"Olivia, please give her back her baby-"

"No! I told you before that you had your chance! Kathleen gave up her rights to Noah when he was born. She and that felon of a baby daddy signed their rights away, so Noah was taken in by a very bad woman. I saved him from her, and I have been raising him since. I love this little boy, and I am his Mommy."

"Can I just meet him? I just want to see him again." Kathleen whispered as she watched Olivia's eyes fill with tears.

"You can't take him. My lawyer said that-"

"Blood is blood, Olivia!" Elliot yelled, and Olivia swallowed hard when she heard Noah start to cry from his room.

"Blood doesn't make a family, Elliot. So yes, Kathleen can meet Noah, but you can't. You can see him for a few minutes and then leave. Leave me alone."

///

Olivia calmed Noah down before hesitantly passing him to Kathleen. Kathleen held her son close and pressed soft kisses to his hair.

"Liv?" Kathleen whispered.

"Y-yes?" Olivia struggled.

"He is the better off with you, and I know that. My father is crazy, and he is just trying to grasp at whatever he can."

"Why?" Olivia asked.

"Because he and Mom hit a rough patch. They might be getting a divorce and he just wants something to focus on. Something he won't have to fight with." Kathleen explained.

"He's mine, Kathleen. I'm his mother." Olivia whispered.

"And you are the best mother for him."

Here is the last part to this one shot! Thanks once again to AutumnPiperCarisi for the idea!