Thunder and Lightning

The rain poured down as all the evidence of the murder was washed away. The detectives tried to find out what happened, and why the man was laying with a knife in his chest, but as soon as the first sign of a storm approaching, they knew they may never know.

"Where's Liv tonight?" Fin sighed, as he stood next to Elliot, both of their heads protected with NYPD baseball caps. 

"I don't know. No one can get a hold of her. I assume she's probably sleeping and didn't charge her phone." Elliot replied, as he walked over to Melinda, as he attempted to not step in a puddle.

"This is going to be a cold case, I just know it!" Melinda groaned, as she covered the body with a plastic sheet. She stood and looked at Elliot and Fin.

"So I assume we should just start seeing who this guy is?"

"Yeah, I found a wallet so you just need to look into it. I'm taking him back to my office and I'll see if there are any other wounds. Just find who killed him, and everything will be just fine." Melinda spoke loudly over the sound of thunder and cars speeding past.

"Gotcha!" Fin exclaimed, as he walked back to the sedan to get out of the rain.

Elliot stood for a moment, looking around at the buildings that were on the block. He knew something was familiar, but he just couldn't figure out what exactly was familiar about the crime scene.

///

"Liv? Open up! C'mon, I'm worried!" Elliot yelled, as he pounded on his partner's door. She never slept in, nor did she never not answer her door.

Elliot leaned back against the wall, before sighing. He grabbed his cell and he dialed Olivia's number.

"Hey, sorry for not answering!" She exclaimed, and Elliot could hear her through the door. She was home, but she wasn't going to open the door.

"I'm outside of your door, Olivia. Please open up." Elliot spoke, and she swallowed hard.

"I'm not there. I'm with Alex. I'll come into the precinct later. I'm, uh, I'm not feeling well." She lied, and Elliot sighed.

"I'm kicking in the door if you don't fucking open it Olivia! I swear to god!" Elliot yelled, as he hung up the phone. He shoved his cell into his pocket, as he prepared himself to kick the door in, but then the door opened a bit, and Liv looked out of the small crack.

"I'm okay. Please just go to the precinct." She spoke, as she held onto the door tightly.

"Liv, what's wrong? Something is really wrong. You aren't acting normally." Elliot spoke worriedly, but Olivia just stared at him like he is stupid.

"I'm okay. I swear. I'm just tired."

"Stop coming up with a bunch of different lies. Just let me in, we can talk." He urged, but Olivia shook her head and slammed the door.

Elliot stomped away from the door, while Olivia leaned against the wall. She looked down at her hands that were stained with blood. She tried to wipe them off on her pants again, but there was no getting rid of that blood.

///

"We found a dark brown hair on the handle of the knife." Elliot spoke, as he paced in front of the board, as they looked at pictures of the victim.

"He has dark brown hair." Olivia spoke, as she sat at her desk. She was completely annoyed with this all. She just thought that the man fell on his knife, and she was sticking to that.

"It is a long fucking hair, Liv. He has short hair." Elliot spat, and since the day they found the man, he and Olivia have been fighting like crazy. He knew Olivia was hiding something but she refused to tell him.

"You two need to stop." Cragen spoke, as he walked out of his office and looked at the fighting detectives.

"He he'd just lay off-"

"Liv I mean you also." He spoke as calmly as possible, but he was equally as annoyed with the detective.

She stood and stomped from the squad room, and she headed outside. 

///

"It's raining and you are just gonna stand here?" Elliot asked, as he stood with an umbrella covering his head, as he looked at his partner. She was sitting on the curb, as tears and rain mixed together on her cheeks.

"El, I did something bad." She whispered.

"What do you mean?" He asked, as he sat down next to her, and tried to protect her from the rain.

"I was walking home from the bar, and this guy followed me out. He was grabbing me and trying to work his hand under my shirt and he grabbed my hair and started to pull it tightly when I told him I didn't want anything to do with him." She whispered, and he turned to look at her.

"What?" He mused.

"He tried to rape me, El. He started to try and pull my pants down, so I tried to run. But he pulled out a knife." She whimpered, as she wiped a tear from her cheek, or maybe it was a spare raindrop.

"Did he rape you?" He whispered, as he ran his finger over her cheek.

"I grabbed the knife when he tried to rape me again. I stabbed him. I killed the man we are trying to find his killer. I was the one who stabbed him. I'm the one who ran away from the scene because I was so scared." She cried, as she leaned into Elliot. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close.

"Olivia, lets go tell the crew. Everyone will understand." Elliot spoke, but Olivia shook her head.

"No. I'm not going in there. I won't be treated as a victim if I tell them that he sexually assaulted me, that he tried to rape me." She spoke, stubbornly.

"Then what are we gonna do than, Liv?" He asked, and she stood slowly as the rain started to pour down her again.

"I'm leaving, El. I'm going to run, and change my name. I'm going to get as far away from Manhattan as possible." She spoke, and Elliot stood and looked at her.

"Let me get some stuff and we'll go." He spoke, and her eyes went wide.

"You aren't leaving your kids behind." She whispered.

"I'm leaving them behind so they don't get involved. Come on, just me and you. We can run around and find a place to live. Pretend that nothing happened here." Elliot spoke, and Olivia nodded.

"Okay." She spoke. Elliot nodded before he ran upstairs. Olivia looked as he shut the door and headed up to the squad room. She took a shaky breath before heading down the sidewalk. She wasn't going to get Elliot more involved in this than he already was. 

So Olivia walked away from her only family. From her best friend. She kept walking as the thunder got louder, and the lightening got brighter.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D