Wrong Number

They had only been married for three years before the late nights became a weekly thing, then a few days a week. Then he started coming home smelling like flowers and with a little bit of red lipstick staining his lips. Then there was the text that ended what they had together. What tore their little family apart.

"Yeah, here's Mommy!" Silas spoke, as he quickly passed his mother's phone to her. Olivia took it and smiled softly at her son before sending him to brush his teeth.

"Elliot?" Olivia questioned.

"Hey, babe. Uh, I'm gonna be late again. There are like six different cases that I'm working on, and I can't leave till I can finally tell my clients what I found." Elliot spoke.

"Elliot, you haven't been here since Sunday morning before church. Why can't you just come home and finish that all in the morning?" Olivia questioned as tears welled in her eyes.

"Everything has to be done tonight, babe. I'll be home to you and the kids tomorrow night."

"You said that last night and the night before, Elliot. I know that if we didn't make Silas then we wouldn't have gotten married and all, but we are and I need you home with us. Before Violet doesn't recognize you anymore." Olivia huffed, before hanging up. She shoved her phone into her pocket before seeing Silas standing in the doorway of the bathroom with his toothbrush in hand and tears on his cheeks.

"Mommy." He sniffled, and Olivia frowned deeply before walking over to her son and picking him up. She held him close before pressing several kisses to his hair.

"Si, let's go finish brushing your teeth. Then you and I can go to bed." Olivia breathed.

"In your bed?" Silas asked, and Olivia nodded.

"We both can't fit in your racecar bed, silly boy. C'mon."

///

Olivia was sitting in her bed after Silas fell asleep. She felt her phone vibrate and she was hoping that it was Elliot telling her that he was coming home, but instead, it was a text message from him.

I'll be over soon, sexy. I had a hard time getting my old lady to just let everything go. Can't wait to see you.

Olivia read the message before seeing her husband send a dick pic to her phone. Olivia's eyes went wide when she saw that and she knew that it wasn't meant for her. Olivia took a screenshot of the messages before sending her husband a text.

So I'm your old lady now? Who's the girl you wanted to see a picture of your dick? And is she the real reason why you are never home?

Olivia watched as those three little dots showed up on the bottom of her screen and it wasn't long before Elliot was deleting messages and the picture. He then started to call Olivia, but she didn't accept the call at all. She just turned her phone off and tossed it at the foot of the bed before sinking down beside her little boy. She held him close as hot tears ran down her cheeks.

She was angrier than she was sad and disappointed. She knew that something like this would happen because not every relationship that starts just because of an unplanned pregnancy became a 50-year long marriage.

///

Elliot went home the next morning with a bouquet of roses and a new toy for his son and one for his daughter. He opened the front door and sighed softly when he heard that Olivia was already awake. He slipped his shoes off before walking into the kitchen and seeing her standing next to the stove as she attempted to make tea.

"Hey, beautiful." Elliot smiled, as he walked over to his wife.

"Scumbag." She replied, her voice sharp and cold. Elliot could feel the sting of her word as if she had slapped him.

"It isn't how it seems, Liv. It's for a case. I had to get close with one of the people I'm investigating so that she'd trust me." Elliot explained as Olivia grabbed a cup from the cabinet before pouring the water into it.

"I didn't know that dick pics were part of being a private investigator, Elliot. I know you have been cheating on me for a while. The hickies, lipstick stains on your lips, the fact that you weren't trying to fuck me like a dog that hasn't been fixed. Elliot, don't lie to me. Don't try and make it seem like I'm just thinking things because I'm crazy. So just go say goodbye to our children then leave."

"I didn't mean too!" Elliot exclaimed.

"You didn't mean too? Elliot, I've been seeing the signs for years. Since after Silas was born! That's when you stayed out later, came home with gifts. Then you would just stay out late and then come home and ignore me for hours. You would stay away from the house for weeks at a time. Sometimes never calling. Sometimes never even asking about Silas. And did you just come home that one night because you felt bad? Then you felt even worse when you found out that I was pregnant. Again?" Olivia asked. Elliot sat the flowers down before sinking down onto a stool.

"I'm sorry." Elliot breathed. Olivia nodded slowly before leaning against the counter.

"How long as the affair been going on?" Olivia questioned.

"Not long." Elliot breathed.

"How long, Elliot?" Olivia ordered.

"Three years..." Elliot whispered.

"So you've been with this woman as long as Silas has been alive? No wonder you were asking if I wanted Violet." Olivia sighed. She walked over to the kitchen table and sat down before running her hands through her hair.

Her life was breaking apart into a million little pieces. She couldn't believe that two texts from her husband that accidentally got sent to her could truly make her want a divorce. She thought that maybe, just maybe things could get better. But it was clear that nothing could happen to fix what had happened. 

"Please forgive me, Liv," Elliot whispered.

"How can I forgive you after you cheated on me for 3 years?"

Hey guys, thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below. :D