Love at First Sight

He didn't believe in love at first sight until she walked into his life...

Brian Cassidy sat at his desk across from the old man that is his partner. He had been waiting for Captain Cragen to yell from his office that they had a case. Either a victim at the hospital or a body that they needed to look at. But it seemed like one of the busiest units in Manhattan, wasn't busy today.

"Are you kidding me?" A voice laughed, and Brian looked up and saw Elliot Stabler and his new partner, Olivia Benson, walk into the squadroom. Brian hadn't met her yet, but he knew that she must be the Olivia Benson that everyone had talked about.

They said that her confidence wasn't to the point of cockiness. And that she connected with every victim they have had since she started, and they trusted her so much that they told her everything. 

Just looking at her made Brian want to tell her everything on his mind.

"Oh, there is the rookie." John spoke, as he turned around in his chair and faced the next bank of desks.

"Yeah, uh Brian Cassidy, this is my partner Olivia Benson. Liv, that is Brian." Elliot spoke, and Brian smiled at her. Olivia barely made eye contact with him, but he still thought she was stunning even when she wasn't looking directly at him.

"It's nice to meet you, Cassidy." She spoke, already using his last name.

"And you too, Benson." He smiled. Olivia looked over at him for a moment and smiled softly at him as she tucked her short brown hair behind her ear.

///

Elliot went home to his wife and kids, John went to have dinner with one of his ex wives, Cragen had an AA meeting to attend, and Monique was going on a date. With the whole crew gone minus the two newest additions, the squad room was decently quiet. Brian had been working at SVU for a year so he didn't have the paperwork that Olivia had to get done.

"So, how long have you worked here?" Olivia asked, as she traded her pen out when the first one ran out of ink.

"Today it has been a year." He smiled, and Olivia looked at him with wide eyes.

"Really? That's amazing. Congrats." She smiled.

"Thanks. We are going out for drinks and wings tomorrow to celebrate. Want to tag along?" He asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah, I'd like that. Your whole crew has been so accepting of me." Olivia spoke.

"Do you like being a member of the sex police?" He asked, and she laughed softly and nodded.

"I do. I haven't been here long enough to really settle in, but I know that this is going to be my permanent home." She spoke.

Brian stood up and carried his paperwork over to Elliot's desk. He sat down and Olivia looked up at him and for the first time, their eyes met and Olivia even felt some strange warm feeling in her chest. Brian bit his lip before looking up at the clock above the door.

"Wanna get out of here for a bit? Go get some dinner?" He asked, and Olivia nodded slowly as she blushed.

"Sure. My treat though."

///

After dinner and finishing paperwork, Brian walked Olivia home. It was snowing lightly, and the streets of Manhattan were mostly quiet.

"Can I say something?" Brian asked, as Olivia pulled her hat on.

"Sure. What do you want to say?" She asked.

"I feel so comfortable around you, Olivia."

"I feel comfortable around you too." She smiled. Brian stopped her and stepped in front of her. He bit his lip before hesitantly placing his hand to her waist. Olivia felt her cheeks grow hot as he moved closer to her.

"Brian." She whispered.

"Can I kiss you, Olivia? I want to take the oppurtunity now, because you might not like me once you get to know me." He breathed.

"Stop talking, Brian." She spoke, before leaning forward and pressing her lips against his. Brian felt as Olivia placed her hands to his cheeks and drew him even closer.

They kissed for awhile as the snow fell around them and blanketed the ground with white. Olivia pulled back after a few moments and smiled as she rested her forehead against his.

"Are you cold?" She asked, and he nodded.

"A tiny bit. Why?" He asked, and she smiled.

"Come in with me. I'll make some coffee and we can talk for a bit. We don't have to work tomorrow." She smiled. Brian grinned before grabbing her hand and intertwinning their fingers together. They walked together to where Olivia's apartment was. 

They went up together, and kept warm by cuddling close together and drinking coffee.

///

The next night, Olivia and Brian walked into a cop bar together. Elliot saw them first and laughed as he noticed them holding hands.

"That didn't take long." He smiled.

"Kids, huh?" John asked, and Elliot shot him a look.

"You have no kids, John. Nice try." Elliot spoke. 

"Hey guys." Brian smiled, as he let Olivia slip into the booth before he slipped in beside her.

"Congrats on one year, Cassidy. Most people don't last this long." Monique spoke, before pouring some beer into the two spare glasses. Olivia smiled as she felt Brian's hand rest gently against her thigh, and it wasn't until Cragen came in did she grow uncomfortable.

"So, are you two a couple offically?" Elliot teased, but that made Cragen choke on his water. He looked at the newest two members of his squad with wide eyes.

"What?"

"Uh, we are kinda together, Captain... is that a problem?" Brian asked, because he didn't know the relationship with coworkers rules too well.

"It is. You two can't be together and work at the same precinct. It's against the rules and I don't want you two to be put into a situation where you worry more about each other than the victim." Cragen replied, his voice holding a bit of anger. Brian looked over at Olivia before frowning.

They had talked about why she picked SVU last night, and how she already liked it so much even though she's only been there for a week. Brian swallowed hard before nodding.

"Okay. Captain, transfer me." Brian spoke.

"What? Brian." Olivia whispered.

"We can still be together. You can work the job you love, and I can work at another precinct. As long as I can still see you smile and still be able to see you as more than just a friend, I'll be good."

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" Olivia whispered, as everyone tried to ignore the two lovebirds.

"I do. Why are you asking me that?" He questioned.

"Because I think I might be in love with you already. Like that amazing moment when your eyes meet."

"I felt the same way. Can I get transfered?"

"Yeah. But you can't leave me."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! Also, I'll update Growing Up later! Thanks again! :D