Doubts ┆112 ┆

✾ ✿ ❀

✾ ✿ ❀

✾ ✿ ❀

AIZAWA
       could remember it vividly. The moment Haruna was first introduced to him when she was still a baby. Wrapped with that soft cottoned blanket, cuddled around her tiny body; as to act like a layer of protection from the stares of the familiar around them.

Strangers, because she still had yet discovered the consciousness to recognize her own parents, their friends, and her other relatives.

He remembered wanting to walk away that moment as soon as everyone began to surround the sleeping baby, cooing at her and showering her with compliments about how cute she was.

If it weren't for Hizashi, his old friend, stopping him from the attempt to escape; he wouldn't have witnessed the time she opened her eyes for the first time.

Aizawa described them to be hazel brown, eyes glimmering with so much light and curiosity.

He was not sure what came over to him, there was like a pull as he reached out towards her tiny little fingers that soon curled around his index; gripped onto it thinking it was her meal, he pulled away before she could succeed which caused the poor baby to flinch at his sudden movement.

Could you guess what happened next?

She cried.

And Aizawa had blanked out.

Like what else could he have done when he had no experience with children below the age of 5. He was used to those who would blabber their mouth to nonsense, with the capability to speak and walk. If not, crawl and run.

Aizawa felt scared, even terrified when he realized he was the reason the baby was crying.

He was unsure of what to do, even anticipated getting yelled out by her parents or her grandfather- yet they just laughed at him.

This made him realize, that if he tried to spend time with this child- she would be caused by his embarrassment.

He didn't want to be the cause of their being uncomfortable, no; Aizawa was not the best at expressing his emotions back then.