Silver Lining|44|

~•~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"YOU'RE awake, thank god."

That was the first thing that greeted as soon as she opened her eyes, her father looming over as he sighed in relief.

"Here, have some water." The breadstick girl moved herself to sit up, and then was guided up the man beside her and tilted her head to let the liquid flow down.

Haru smiled, his eyes gazing down at his daughter when she finished the glass. He reached behind her and began adjusting the pillows on top of each other so Haruna could sit up straight without his support.

"You may feel stiff right now, but that's because you've been sleeping for the whole a day and a half. But you seemed fully well rested, do you want to eat now?" Haruna watched her father walked towards the straw bag on the couch and began taking out the familiar looking containers.

"Your mama and I had to switch places today, she went home to change and won't be back later on." He rotated the wheeled table and rolled it towards her so the table was by her lap. Then he began opening moving the food to the bowls and plates.

"I knew you wouldn't like the Hospital food and would prefer my cooking when you wake up so..."

"Eat a lot alright?" Haruna looked at the food prepared for her, before she knew it her eyes began to water.

"H-Haru-chan?" Haru jolted and plopped himself beside his daughter, rubbing her back as she raised her wrist to her eyes, "Are you in pain? Do you want me to call the nurse? What's wrong? D-do you want me to buy something else?"

Haruna shook her head and leaned on her father, who embraced her back.

"What's wrong?" He whispered and caressed her head.

She wasn't able to form words, so she wrapped her arms around her father to feel his warmth.

To feel home.

"I'm here Haru-chan... I'm here..."

~

"Your friend had died due the blade from the attack that almost gazed at his heart, and it seemed that it was a bit too late when he arrived at the hospital." The brunette's attention stayed on the blonde that was being taken cared by the nurses and the doctors.

Her father beside his bed as he used his Quirk to heal the stitching on his chest with the help of Recovery Girl.

"It is indeed a miracle for him to be alive..." She felt the butterfly land on her shoulder. Its wings closing as Haruna tried to process what had happened.

"I... saw him."

"Hm?"

"He saw me before he woke up."