Sweet Blissful Goodbye(73)

Warning: Long Chapter Ahead

∞ ∞ ∞

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞

"I'LL be back Oba-san." The exhaustion in his voice was clear as he bid a quick good bye to his aunt and uncle, before slowly turning around to follow where his cousin had gone off half an hour ago.

Digging deep into his pockets, his hand formed into fists.

Breathing in and out as he grew closer to his location, still in doubt if he should be left alone with his cousin.

There were a lot of questions that ran in his head since her breakdown, her cries and her words that day lingered in his head.

Especially with the mention of his parents absence, something that Jiji and his aunt refused to bring up.

It ticked him off, because he could barely remember a memory of his mother nor his father when he was young.

The memory of their faces and voices were slowly becoming hard to remember, and Ken refused to not remember. He was desperate, to not forget because it was the only thing he could hold onto to.

He had no other possessions of his family pictures, or anything that was owned by his parents.

One day he was just dropped off at Jiji's house by his parents, promising that they were going to visit a family friend's trio and come back.

But morning came, and a bunch of unknown relatives came to visit; men and women dressed in blue uniform and a hats.

There was no sign of his parents.

Halting by the turning corner when the same familiar quiet sobbing reached his ear drums, the stones beneath his shoes cracking. Yet, it did not catch the person's attention.