Prologue

As many of you have known and familiar with, this book has been published before but it is in the middle of being heavily edited.

I hope those who stayed for this time to arrive, for your love and support to always remain.

Thank you for waiting.

Written in 2016
Published in 2017
Republished in 2020.

official prologue

~•~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

HER hands slammed against the concrete railing.

With her shoulders heaving rapidly from sprinting up the stairs they had to climb in order to reach their destination.

Spotting the helicopter that was closed from where she was, yet it was out of reach from her grasp.

She hated how the distance between her and the helicopter grew farther away from each other.

Raising her arm to ease some of the breeze that was being blown towards her, her flickering green eyes wavered as the tears continued to flow out.

Gritting her teeth to endure the wound from her waist.

Whether the pain was coming form the overused of her Quirk or from the swirling on her chest. It was hard to comprehend.

But she knew that after witnessing something she denied for a long time.

It was seeing it all occurring before her, that all realisation came crashing down on her.

For the time she had, to only approach him. From the seconds, to minutes and into hours she spend time with him. No one knew, no one expected of what the man was carrying for the past years.

His glowing turquoise eyes was all she could make out from her blurry vision.

Shouting in anguish, her voice cracking and echoing from all the midst of the fire and battle below. Yet, the man heard her cry and turned where she stood.

The burning sensation on his chest grew, and he was forced to disregard it because his regret take over him.

To force his gaze away from the girl that continued to cry out for him, to return to her sobbing form.  Desperate for his warm arms, that he used to wrap around her every single day, may it be leaving the house or welcoming her.

A routine she would never get used to live without.

Activating her quirk, causing the veins around her eyes to glimmer. The blue hue flickered, from the exhaustion her body could not undergo. Clenching her teeth, forcing her body to move from the faint she was experiencing.

She screamed, her throat sore.

But she did not stop, even with the blood she coughed out.

He did not turn back.

"HARU-CHAN!" Arms wrapped themselves around her waist, pulling her backwards off the railing.

"Let go off me Deku!" she growled, her Quirk flickering on and off.

Blood dripping from her mouth, she screamed once more.

"Stop! Stop using your Quirk! You'll kill yourself!-"

This earned him a hit by her elbow on his face,on the same spot of his bruises , causing him to stagger backwards but his grip around her waist tightened.

"Haru-chan- STOP!"

"Let go-" She screamed, pushing further to loose the cage around her.

BAM!

Midoriya  was forced  to pull away when they were sent backwards, tumbling before the two laid on their sides.

The green haired groaning at the impact his back met against the concrete as well as the bruises and scratches he received earlier on. Whereas for the breadstick girl, held her head in pain; her whole vision swaying.

Looking up, realising she had the chance to go after the man-

A rough hand grabbed the top of her head from the back, pulling her back from her she was.

With her head tilted upwards; forced to meet the crimson eyes that glared down at her.

"Stop being suicidal and get your shit together dumbass!"  The ash blonde snapped at her, his hand gripping her head to hold her back.

Tears welled up from the green haired's eyes, pursing his lips as their friend slowly gave up fighting back.

Her shoulder shaking, loosing control by the amount of emotions she was experiencing.

There was no description at the anger and betrayal she discovered.

No amount of words could explain the guilt that resurfaced, although being treated wrong.

She wanted to reach out to the man, to make him explain why he did what he had done.

She wanted to tell him, that he was her home.

With shoulders slouching, she stayed in kneeled position. The rough hand that held her in place relaxed, but stayed in the same spot in case of her temptation to escape.

Extending her shaking hand to reach out to the disappearing helicopter.

Her hand holding onto nothingness.

Her screams turning quiet, pulled into a oblivion and trapped in ambiguity.

With exhausted and overused of her Quirk, her whole body slumped against the warm arms of her rival.

The tears continued and the pain did not stop.

"I will come back and find you."