Chapter 100: Tragedy of the Destroyed Sect

Zhu Yao frowned. She gave up on chasing, instead, she landed on the ground and walked towards the source of the scent of blood.

Although Wu Song did not really understand what was going on, he still guessed that something must have happened. He did not make any queries, and simply followed closely behind her.

Suddenly, as though he had seen something, he called out. "Sovereign!"

Wu Song pointed to the ground in front, where a cut-off bloodstained arm laid.

Naturally, Zhu Yao had seen it long ago. However, the part where the arm was cut off was very clean, and there was no blood pouring out at all.

This arm wasn't cut off.

Zhu Yao cast an Art, forming a ray of light which charged right towards the front. In mid-air, what looked like a water screen suddenly shook for a moment, and then, like opening curtains, it opened to the two sides. On the other side of the curtains was actually another land. A mountain was currently floating in the sea of clouds, as though it was the realm of deities.

This was a Great Mountain Barrier Formation, however, this mountain barrier formation, was evidently low-grade. It was simply only able to conceal the celestial mountain, compared to the absolute defensive formation Ancient Mountain Sect had, it was simply too weak. Zhu Yao silently gave her own master a thumbs up.

After opening the formation, the place where the severed hand was, revealed an entire person's body. That person was no longer breathing, his eyes were popped out, as though he had seen something terrifying. Zhu Yao used her divine sense to investigate him, only to realize that he was actually an Azoth-stage practitioner, and his Azoth core had already been shattered.

Looking at how this mountain barrier formation was so casually formed, it was most probably a second-rate Deity Sect, and it seemed as though something grave had happened.

Zhu Yao frowned. Summoning her own flying sword, she pulled Wu Song up, and flew towards the main mountain. "Let's go!"

Wu Song was a little frightened, yet, he did not let out a single sound. He knew something grave had happened as well, and simply quietly stayed behind Zhu Yao as they flew over.

The closer they approached the mountain peak, the heavier the scent of blood was, to the point where it could even choke someone. She had already swept the place with her divine sense earlier, so she was mentally prepared. However, when she personally witnessed the scene, she was still stunned.

The corpses of practitioner disciples filled the entire mountain peak. Some had their chests pierced through, while some had been directly cut into halves. Countless of severed limbs and destroyed organs were even scattered all over the ground.

This scene was simply too brutal. Zhu Yao simply managed to cover Wu Song eyes in time, even she was unable to bear to continue looking at them.

"Close your eyes. Without my permission, you're not allowed to open your eyes."

Wu Song was stunned for a moment, before he silently nodded his head.

Only then did Zhu Yao release her hand. Just what kind of grudge did those heretic practitioners have with this second-rate Sect, to the point that they wanted to destroy the entire Sect? After carefully investigating the area, she realized there was still a weak presence at the back of the hall.

She immediately used her flying sword and flew over.

However, she was completely dumbfounded by the even more terrifying scene at the back. That was a crater that had been smashed out offhandedly, yet, that crater was piled up with countless of corpses. Not a single corpse was complete, and that fresh blood that was flowing out, filled up the entire crater.