Chapter 1: A Peasant Woman, a River, and a Little Field

Zhu Yao felt she had crossed over into another world, and it all happened without warning. Just a moment ago, she was still chatting with her friend on the computer, discussing about the loophole in the new online game her company developed. In the next instant, she was already inside this thatched house, while still holding onto the white mouse.

For a full ten minutes, she did not react at all. She looked at the mouse in her hands, and subconsciously looked for the CPU and the monitor which suddenly disappeared. However, she could do nothing but stare at the worn-out table in front of her. What computer? What monitor? She could not even find her freaking keyboard.

"Stinky brat, why are you still sitting around here for?" Someone pushed open the door, and a hand came hitting towards her. She subconsciously dodged, the mouse that was in her hands was slapped away. It then rolled onto the floor and disappeared without a trace.

Zhu Yao then raised her head and looked at the person beside her. She was a very skinny woman, the creases on her forehead was deep, and the deep-colored clothes she wore was greyed out, as though the color faded after being washed many times. Her entire body was emitting out a 'I'm a peasant woman' atmosphere. The main factor was the ancient-styled clothes she was wearing.

"Who are you?"

The woman instantly flared up. "Who am I? Have you become muddled from sleeping too much!? I'm your mother! Hurry up and boil some water, the sun is already shining so bright it's burning my buttocks, and you're still lazing around in the house! Do you want to get smacked?"

The woman's first strike missed, but with her other hand, she picked Zhu Yao up, and pulled her out of the room without giving any explanations.

Zhu Yao felt that she had to explain to her, unfortunately, she could not find the opportunity, and when she returned to her senses, she had already been thrown into the kitchen.

Looking at the firewood which was stacked up to half the height of the wall, and the clay furnace, Zhu Yao felt that there was definitely a problem with her world-crossing method. She was still wearing her own pyjamas, with not a single change. This proved that she crossed over with her own body, then how did that mother of hers appear? Even though she crossed over with her body, it used the setting of a soul crossover. Was this really alright? The most important thing was, she did not even know how to start a fire, let alone boil water!

Although she knew crossing over was like buying groceries recently, a very trending phenomenon, she never expected there would come a turn for her. She's nothing but a technology geek, after all.

Because she was interested in computers ever since she was young, after graduating, she had been working in jobs related to developing games. With a bunch of single friends, they came together and developed a game. The game <> which they created became one of the hottest games in the country, and as the game matured, safeguarding the game became her main job in her company.

Investigating the loopholes and bugs that existed in the game, coming up with fixes, etc. She was one of those legendary GMs. There's not even a single benefit to having a person like her crossing over, is there? Just which bastard made me cross over into another world? Come out! I promise I won't beat you to death!

Three months went by in a flash, Zhu Yao had crossed over into this world for three months now, and she had gotten a better understanding of the situation around her. The place she was living in was a small village, and because most of the people living in the village had the surname 'Zhu', it was called Zhu Village. Her name was also Zhu Yao, and the middle-aged woman back then was her mother. She was one of the widows in the village, and according to what she found out, the mother and daughter had relied on each other for decades.