Chapter 128: If I Were to Call You 'BUG', Will You Respond?

Her words were simply too arrogant. Firstly, she condemned Zhu Yao for retreating from a battle, now, she wanted her to take up the name of a loser as well?

The expressions of the people of Ancient Hill Sect, as expected, turned ugly.

Haah, this terrible temper of hers. Initially, she did not want to slap her in the face this quickly. However, since the other party was so eager to put her face forward, then Zhu Yao had no choice but to give her a sound one.

"Sovereign... Rulu, was it?" Zhu Yao chuckled. "Do you really want to fight against me that much?"

"Hmph." Mu Meiyan snorted coldly. "Cut the crap, are you going to take the challenge? Or are you afraid of losing?"

"It doesn't matter to me if it's a win or loss. However, with just a single battle between us, it will harm countless of lives, and build up countless of karma. Don't you think it's a little over the top?"

"In this world, the strong eats the weak in the first place. If those mortals wish to curse, then they can only curse themselves for not being strong enough."

"But, ants struggle to live despite their size. Who here hasn't started out as a mortal?"

"Ants will forever be ants. Even if they're able to somehow save their own lives, they're still frail to the point where they will die with a single pinch." Her eyes turned cold, as though she seemed to have recalled something. The more she spoke, the more agitated she became. That feeling of powerlessness and being unable to retaliate, she understood it the most. Hence, it became the reason why she chased after strength after her resurrection.

The expressions of everyone present, however, began to turn ugly. Although everyone knew that what she had just said was true, and that this was the current state of the cultivation world, even if they accepted these in their hearts, it was different from saying them out in the open. After all, they had established themselves in upright Deity Sects, and had high and mighty titles to mask themselves. Matters like casually killing a bunch of mortals, although some of them had done such acts, it would be impossible for them to say them out so triumphantly. After all, they were not heretic practitioners.

Zhu Yao saw that things had heated up just about right. "I heard that Sovereign Rulu had only stepped into the Demigod-stage recently."

"So what?" Mu Meiyan coldly responded. Could it be that she was thinking that she did not have the ability to challenge her?

"Nothing much." Zhu Yao continued with a smile. "I simply recalled something all of a sudden. A hundred years ago, when you accompanied the Sect Master of Azureflight Sect over to my Sect to ask for my disciple's hand in marriage, we have encountered once before. Back then, you still possessed a kind heart, and had even spoke up for Sect Master Wu. I wonder if Sovereign still remembers that incident?"

The news of the incident where the Sect Master of Azureflight Sect was rejected had been spread around all these years. As expected, a hint of awkwardness flashed past Wu Song's face. Everyone however, did not expect that this person was present back then as well. Everyone was actually really clear about the matters of Rulu being a traitor of Celestial Indus Sect, and fleeing to Azureflight Sect. However, because she was currently a Demigod Sovereign, no one dared to bring this up.

However, this fact was brought up so openly by Zhu Yao. As expected, Mu Meiyan's expression turned a little ugly, however, she did not break out into a fit. She simply snorted coldly and kept quiet. After all, currently, no one would dare to mock her. However, with this action of hers, it had instead made everyone to think that it was a silent consent.