Chapter 79: The Sect Master's Thoughts

After his careful analysis, and diligent investigation on his ancestral-grand master's actions, Zi Mo finally came up with a conclusion. Could it be that he felt that it was still not enough? Elder Soi Sauz's current reputation had yet to reach the standard he was expecting? Of course, with ancestral-grand master's title as the number one in the cultivation world, the achievements Elder Soi Sauz had currently made, were indeed not enough to grab his attention.

The more Zi Mo thought about it, the more he felt it was plausible. He silently decided to grab every opportunity, and even if there was no opportunity available, he would create opportunities to raise Elder Soi Sauz's influence in the future.

Hence, when Zhu Yao, whose injuries were healed only recently and had been ruthlessly taught a lesson by her own master, returned to her own cave residence, her head began to spin in all directions by the bunch of documents regarding the sect's affairs, which were brought there by Wang Xuzhi.

The hell, what happened to the promised leisurely Elder life?

The number of deaths of spiritual plants and the amount of medicinal ingredients used in the Medicine Mountain, the number of talisman papers wasted by the Talisman Mountain, and even the number of spiritual beasts birthed in the Beast-Taming Mountain? Why was there a need for her to manage situations like these? It's not like she knew how to deliver a child!

"Big Sis Zhu Yao?" Wang Xuzhi looked a little worriedly at Zhu Yao, who was already at the brink of collapse. "Are you alright?"

"Hoho, do I look fine to you?" Zhu Yao replied him with a bitter smile. This could not do. She had to discuss this with Zi Mo, after all, she still had the heavy responsibility of saving the world.

"I heard that you suffered injuries two days ago." Wang Xuzhi looked at her a little hesitantly, and a little guiltily. "I'm sorry. I only knew that you went to such a dangerous place today."

Zhu Yao turned her head, and rolled her eyes at him. "Even if you find out about it earlier, what can you do about it?" The rescue operation was something decided by the Nascent Soul higher ups, he, an Azoth-stage practitioner, naturally would not know about it.

"If I knew about it, naturally, I wouldn't have allowed Zhu Yao to take the risk." Wang Xuzhi was a little agitated. Yucang City was the city of heretic practitioners, so how would he be at ease and allow her to go?

"Little wimp." Zhu Yao pressed on his head, and began to rub it vigorously. "This is a matter between adults. You just have to do well in your cultivation, what's there for you to worried about?"

"Big Sis Zhu Yao!" Wang Xuzhi exploded, angrily pulling her hand down. He then said with a stern expression. "I'm no longer a child, stop treating me like one."

"Yes, yes, yes, you're an adult now." Zhu Yao casually replied. Staring at the various documents in front of her, she suddenly had an idea. Piling all of them up, she pushed them into his hands. "Here, I shall give you a chance to prove that you're an adult."

"..." Wang Xuzhi was startled for a moment, and then, he sighed deeply. "Big Sis Zhu Yao. You can't have planned on pushing all these to me since the beginning, right?"

"How can you call it 'pushing to you?' This is to train you." In any case, she was dead-set on not admitting to it. Patting on his chest, she said. "A big man must take on responsibilities. Go! The time to prove yourself has come! You can do it!"

"You..." Wang Xuzhi's face revealed a complicated expression. Only after a moment did he finally let out a sigh, submitted to his fate, took over the small mountain of documents, and kept them within his storage pouch. "As always, you will only acknowledge my abilities when you're bullying me."