Chapter 183: Far Ancient Highgod

At the center of the Tower of Revelations, there was a round-shaped platform, and over there, a formation-like diagram was engraved. The moment she stood on it, a white light glowed, as though she had activated some sort of mechanism. In front of her, what seemed to be three pieces of cubes formed by light curtains appeared, and patterns could be faintly seen on them. The first piece was a diagram of a dragon, the second piece was a diagram of a phoenix, while the third piece was a diagram of a qilin.

It seemed like every piece corresponded to each race.

Zhu Yao could not help but look at the empty space at the furthest right, a fourth piece of light curtain was currently rising up at an extremely slow pace, though, it emerged with an ink-black color, as though it had ran out of batteries, looking dimmed and dark. The diagram on it could not be clearly distinguished either. Zhu Yao faintly sensed that it should be where the black tortoise's position was.

"Little sister." Shao Bai stood at the side of the second piece of light curtain, and waved his hands at her. "Come, place your hand inside, and it will be done."

"I can receive the inheritance just by reaching my hand inside?"

Shao Bai nodded. "That's right, don't be afraid."

Zhu Yao never expected that the procedure would be this simple, as she reached her claw inside with speaking another word. All of the phoenixes present held their breaths, as they excitedly waited to see what second attribute would be triggered by the Phoenix clan's first egg-born phoenix.

A few minutes later.

Nothing happened...

Mn, most probably, it still needed a bit more time.

Half an hour later.

Complete silence...

It might have been because the method she reached her hand out was incorrect. So, she flipped her hand.

An hour later.

A cold wind blew.

Zhu Yao: ...

"Second elder brother."

"Mn."

"Am I really able to receive the inheritance like this?"

"... Yes."

"I'm not a learned person, don't lie to me."

"..."

Zhu Yao was still unable to clearly discern the current situation, yet, the venue was already thrown into a loud uproar. Various discussions of guesses and suspicions erupted.

"How... How is this possible?"

"She's actually unable to receive the inheritance. Isn't this too unbelievable?"

"That's right, there actually wasn't the least bit reaction from the inheritance stone."

"Could she not be a phoenix?"

Even Patriach Qian Yu was dumbfounded, as she took a few steps forward, and stared deeply at Zhu Yao. "How is this possible?" Hence, she pulled her hand, and placed it in the curtain of light once again, yet, there still wasn't the least bit of reaction.

"This..." Could it be that an egg-born phoenix cannot receive the inheritance? The number of phoenix clansmen wasn't many, and it's impossible to increase for all eternity. Hence, when she saw that a phoenix was born from the egg, she was that happy. But, if an egg-born phoenix cannot receive the inheritance, this meant that there would be a huge setback to their godly powers. In that case, what's the point of having their numbers increase?