Chapter 91: Don't Die Anymore

"Master!" Zhu Yao jolted, and was instantly dumbfounded. She had waited ten days for an answer, but she did not expect that what she waited for was his decision to ascend. The hell, this was definitely a godly development. "I'm getting along quite well, and I don't mind who it was who brought me to this world, and what he's planning to do. There's no need for master to help me investigate at all."

"Stupid!" Yu Yan shook his head, yet his expression was especially gentle, as he stroked her head. "I have already lived in this world for nearly twenty thousand years. Even if I don't ascend, there's a need for me to enter the reincarnation cycle, and similarly, I will still leave this world that way."

"..." The hell, she had forgotten that even practitioners had their own lifespan. Was master reaching the end of his lifespan? This was the first time she ever despised her master's age. She finally managed to enlighten him, yet, they had to once again experience separation. This was only a little worse than being friendzoned. "Master, when are you going to ascend?"

"Tomorrow!"

Zhu Yao lowered her head. It was no wonder he went missing so frequently in these recent days, he had been preparing the matters for his ascension. And the reason why so many formations had suddenly appeared on Jade Forest Mountain, was most probably preparations for his ascension as well.

"Alright!" Zhu Yao clenched her teeth, and finally managed to suppress the sourness that was constantly being emitted from her heart. Taking a deep breath, she took a step forward, hugged the back of his head, aimed at his lips, and strongly bit it. "Don't worry, I will head up to look for you very soon. You just have to wait patiently up in the sky. And I will say this again, if you dare to fool around with flowers and tender grass¹, I will castrate you when I see you!"

Yu Yan did not say anything, and simply smiled gently. It was the first time Zhu Yao had ever saw his smile in the truest meaning. That smile was something she could not describe with words, she simply felt that the most beautiful thing in the world would still be unable to compare to his current expression. She simply wanted to kiss onto it, and hide that smile, which only belonged to her.

On the day of Yu Yan's ascension, Zhu Yao watched the entire process from the peak of Jade Forest Mountain. On that day, the sky of the entire cultivation world was covered with heavy bolts of tribulation lightning. Nine types of Ascension Heavenly Lightning. Each bolt of lightning was larger than the entire Jade Forest Mountain, and every single one of them struck towards her master, lighting up the entire sky.

She was standing not far from him, as she dumbfoundedly watch that person who had been standing at the center with a straight back, as though he was receiving those bolts of tribulation lightning without even feeling an itch. Even his clothes did not have a single crease from the strikes.

A total of eighty-one lightning strikes.

A welcoming light of various colors descended from the sky, and it's as though a heavenly sound could be heard. Countless heavenly laws could be faintly sensed. And hundreds of birds cried out in unison, as they circled around that heavenly light.

That figure she was extremely familiar with, slowly rose towards that sky.

Her heart felt empty, and she was unable to discern what it was missing.

Until he lowered his head, and hastily called her out. "Zhu Yao." It seemed like he had some things to tell her.

She was startled for a moment, before she flew towards that colorful radiance, and stopped a feet away from him. "Master?"

Yu Yan reached one of his hands out, circled around her back, and gently pushed her. She fell into his embrace just like that, and she nestled against his chest.