Chapter 59: The Shameless Deity

"It's been so many years, finally, there's someone who can take on my mantle."

Zhu Yao guessed that this should be the owner of these ruins, and the "Wood Spirit" should be in his hands. However, he did not have a physical body, it seemed like he was just a strand of divine power left by the former owner.

"Master?" What should she do now?

"Wait and see."

Hearing this, Zhu Yao returned to lying on the ground, and continued to act dead.

The white old man stroked his beard, and floated over. After looking on the ground, he was suddenly stunned. "Why are there three?"

The old man frowned, and seemed to be in a difficult position. "Then let's choose the one with the best Spirit Vein!" First, he looked at the most left, where Lu Cha was, and muttered to himself. "Fire and Earth Duo-Spirit Veins. Although she has qualifications of the upper tier, she's not suitable for my Arts."

Hence, he shifted his gaze to Xiao Yi, and his eyes momentarily shone, revealing a hint of delight on his face. He then inspected his Spirit Vein, and the delight in his eyes grew even more. "Metal and Wood Duo-Spirit Veins! Good, good, good!" He said the word 'good' three times in a row, his eyes had already narrowed into a pair of lines, and then, finally, he looked towards Zhu Yao.

Zhu Yao figured that this old man should be thinking of choosing the disciple with the best Spirit Vein, and he will then pass down his Arts and "Wood Spirit" to the selected individual. After all, this was how it always worked on TV.

She was not the least bit worried of her own qualifications, after all, what she had best was her Lightning Spirit Vein.

As expected, the old man reached out his hand to inspect her qualifications, and again, as expected, he revealed a shocked expression on his face, and seemed as though he was about to blurt out. "It's Lightning..."

The old man looked at her, and then, looked at Xiao Yi who was at the center. Then, he decisively turned and walked towards Xiao Yi. "Let's still pick this child instead."

The hell!?

Do you have to be that bias?

Zhu Yao could not help but jump up. "What happened to the promise of picking the best Spirit Vein?"

"You... How are you awake?" The old man was stunned for a moment, and looked disbelievingly at Zhu Yao who suddenly rose. "Impossible. How could an Azoth-stage practitioner defend against my pressure?"

"There's no need for you to care about that!" Zhu Yao could not help but roll her eyes. She had a hot temper in the first place, and hated unfairness the most. Also, he was just a spectre, so he would not be able to do anything to her. "Didn't you want to choose the one with the best qualifications? How can his qualifications compare to mine?"

"Uh... Kuh kuh!" The old man cough out a little awkwardly. "Little girly, don't be agitated. Although your qualifications are good, I'm a little more destined with this boy, so I decided to pass down to him."

"You're already dead, what do you need destiny for?" Zhu Yao did not believe him in the slightest. Earlier, when he inspecting their Spirit Veins, she had already felt it. Clearly, he very despised both her and Lu Cha, yet, he behaved solely different towards Xiao Yi. It was as though, the moment he saw him, an expression of delight appeared on his face. Unless...

She looked at the spectre from head to toe. "You can't be gay, right?"

"Gay? What this 'gay' thing?" The old man was startled for a moment.