Chapter 27: Someone Else's Counter-Attack Drama

Zhu Yao gave an even bigger smile. "So it's Little Three¹. Little Three, there's no need to be too courteous. Little Three has not met me before, it's totally understandable that you did not recognize me. Grand-martial aunt will not blame Little Three. Alright, Little Three?"

"Thank you, Grand-martial aunt." He kind of felt that being called Little Three was a little strange?

"You're welcome, I'm old, after all! My heart is big and wide, that's the only good point of being old!"

Yan Yuehong: "......" Didn't you say you wouldn't blame him for it?

Puf!

The two people at the side could no longer hold their laughter.

"Big sister Zhu Yao, are you here to watch my final match?" Wang Xuzhi timely spoke up and changed the topic. Big sister Zhu Yao is the same as ever. She's never merciful with her words.

"Final match? You entered the finals?" It was already the third day of the Inter-Sect Tournament. It was no wonder her master only brought her here today, he wanted her to watch the finals directly.

"Mn, I'm in the Essence group." So she did not know about it. Wang Xuzhi was a little disappointed, but, he instantly cheered himself up. "The next match is the last ranking match for the Essence group, and the victor of that match will be fighting with me."

In other words, the next match was the semi-finals?

Zhu Yao instantly focused, and looked towards the ring. She realized a match had just ended on the ring, and there were disciples currently cleaning the ring. It should have been a match of the Foundation group, and the victor was a disciple in blue robes. He seemed to be a disciple from another sect.

Not even a moment later, the referee who was in charge of the matches had already announced for the next match to begin.

Two disciples in white robes flew onto the ring at the same time, and their attire were the same as hers. One of them looked like a middle-aged man nearing his forties, while the other looked around the same age as Wang Xuzhi. However, he did not have the face of a pretty youth, rather, his face revealed a hint of firmness, and he looked a little familiar.

"This person is?"

"Big sister Zhu Yao knows this person as well!" Wang Xuzhi explained. "He's Xiao Yi, the person who heavily injured little fatty Zhao five years ago. Currently, he's an Outer Sect disciple."

So he's that little beggar! It's no wonder she felt he looked a little familiar. She did not expect that he would actually enter the semi-finals, and his cultivation level was actually the same as Wang Xuzhi's, an Essence Paragon.

"He's rather hardworking." From how this was going, it felt like a drama where a poor protagonist was making a counter-attack in life.

"Mn." Wang Xuzhi nodded in agreement. As an Inner Sect disciple himself, he deeply knew how hard it was for Outer Sect disciples to make themselves known. "Back then, his cultivation was crippled by master. In just five years since his cultivation was crippled, he managed to cultivate into an Essence Paragon, and even fought his way through into the semi-finals. He's indeed really talented."

Zhu Yao, who was even more talented, silently rubbed her nose, and decided to concentrate on watching the match.

Xiao Yi had Metal and Wood Dual-Spirit Veins. One was great for defense, while the other was great for offense. With the two types of mystic arts complementing each other, he was highly talented. While his opponent had Water, Wood, and Earth Tri-Spirit Veins. Although his talent could not be compared to Xiao Yi's, but the complementary effects of his Spirit Veins were good as well, the flexibility of his mystic arts was extremely high, and his casting speed was quick.