Chapter 168: I'm an Egg

When Zhu Yao woke up, what she saw was complete darkness. The whistling of strong winds could be heard from all around, and it felt as though there was something blowing on her. With every blow, she felt there was something chilly infiltrating her, and her body would turn colder little by little.

What was this place? Logically speaking, her master wouldn't have thrown her here all alone. She tried to stand up, only to realize she was basically unable to move. It was as though her entire body was restricted by something, wrapping her like a ball. The lighting was too dim, and she was completely unable to see her current situation. However, it was very evident that she was no longer in her previous body.

Could she have died again? And this was a new character? As she had thought, that character had an one-day usage limit, right!? However, why didn't a resurrection notification window appear this time when she died? Had the student Realmspirit gotten bored of it?

She tried calling out to Realmspirit several times, wanting to understand her situation. However, she did not receive a single reply. Though, her eyes were beginning to adapt to the darkness, and she could now faintly discern a few things. For example, the thing's that had been whistling all this time wasn't wind, but a dense black fog, and it even carried an uncomfortable aura. She encountered this fog before... twice.

Devil's miasma!

She was actually surrounded by Devil's miasma. Theoretically speaking, the Devil's miasma was energy wielded by the Devils, just like how deities make use of divine energy. Someone who did not belong to the Devil race, was basically unable to endure the Devil's miasma, and would instead be eroded into ash. Why was she completely fine other than feeling a little chilly?

Zhu Yao stayed in these plains of darkness for a very long time. In the beginning, she was worried that she would encounter some Devils. However, a total of ten days had passed, other than the endless amount of Devil's miasma surrounding her, not a single human figure could be seen. She could not help but begin to doubt if there was even a single living being here?

Until the eleventh day, she finally heard footsteps. Those footsteps were very light, however, in this place where there was nothing else could be heard but the whistling of the wind, it was especially clear. Joy filled Zhu Yao's heart. Facing the direction where the sound was coming from, she... rolled towards it.

That's right, she couldn't walk, but she could roll. Furthermore, it was a smooth journey without any obstructions while she was rolling. Guruguru, she sped towards the footsteps. In the beginning, Zhu Yao was even a little rejoiced about this self-taught high-level rolling skill, but a moment later, she realized, she couldn't stop!

The place she was staying on earlier seemed to be a downhill, so, the moment she started rolling, she began to speed up and roll even further away. She was basically unable to stop at all. She struggled a little, yet, her actions were completely futile. The hell. It wasn't like she was a ball, did she have to roll so joyously?

A moment later, her entire body shook. She seemed to have bumped into something, as she finally stopped rolling. A husky voice was then heard.

"Egg."

Who was he cursing at?

Zhu Yao raised her head to look, only to see a bony little figure. That was a child. A child who was so skinny, his human shape could hardly be discerned. It seemed to be a long time since he had eaten anything, as all that was left of him was bones. His eyes looked hollow, and there wasn't the least bit of meat left in his cheeks, from afar, his head looked like a skull. His entire body was so skinny, it looked no different from a skeleton. If he had not let out that voice of his earlier, even Zhu Yao would have suspected that he was a child skeleton model that was taken out by some experimental lab.