Chapter 144: Stagnating Cultivation

In an instant, Zhu Yao sensed that this was a bad idea, as she turned around and tried to flee. But, with a simple twist of his finger, Yu Jin rooted her to the ground. In a flash, he stood right in front of her.

"What are you trying to do, grand..." Zhu Yao wanted to shout out, however, with a gentle wave of his sleeves, she could no longer speak either.

Yu Jin gave a sly smile. The hell, this bastard was doing it on purpose. Her master did not agree to accepting the Hall Master position, so he changed his point of target to her. This savage beast.

"Don't be afraid. I will simply be inserting a divine imprint. It won't hurt at all." A lightning glow flashed in his hand, and then, a strand of flashing red light tangled itself between his fingers.

It's even stranger for such a strong might and pressure to not hurt, right!?

It's only been a few months since she entered the Lightning Divine Hall, and he's handing over the role of Hall Master to her just like that? Did he have to play it this way? If she had known of this, she wouldn't have brought Miao Lin over here.

Yu Jin raised the hand covered in lightning glow, stretched out two fingers, and tapped them on the center of Zhu Yao's forehead, directly inserting the divine imprint into Zhu Yao's body. Before he could even let go, a complication suddenly arose, as the divine imprint was instantly reflected back.

"Eh? You have another divine sense imprint in your body?" Yu Jin blanked, and his face was filled with disappointment. In an instant, as though he had recalled something, he sized Zhu Yao up for a moment. Then, he powerlessly said. "So you're really Yu Yan's personal succeeding disciple, huh?"

Zhu Yao rolled her eyes back at him. Who else could she be?

"Haah, forget it!" Yu Jin heaved a long sigh, and removed the stationary spell on Zhu Yao. The Hall Master's divine imprint was a divine sense-related imprint, and everyone could only possess a single type of divine sense imprint in their bodies. Initially, he had thought that his little little grand disciple was merely a rock spirit. Even if she was Yu Yan's disciple, she would simply be a regular disciple, and would not have the personal succeeding disciple imprint on her. Who would have known... He had miscalculated. When this strand of divine sense was planted, only the owner of the divine sense could remove it. In other words, unless Yu Yan came over to remove it, he shouldn't even think about imprinting the Hall Master's mark on Zhu Yao. Once again, he sized Zhu Yao up. "I say, little little grand disciple, why did your master take in a rock spirit as his personal succeeding disciple?" And before this, she shouldn't have gained her human form yet, right?

"That's none of your business!" Zhu Yao rolled her eyes at him. "My master has great eyes for people, that's why, among the sea of people, out of the millions of disciples, he chose..."

"This piece of rock." Yu Jin continued in her stead.

"..." Can you not bring that up?

"Enough. Let's head over to that Advent Cloud Hall's emissary." Yu Jin, who failed in his assassination, walked towards to the front of the hall with a disappointed look. Zhu Yao had no choice but to follow after him. Hmph, once I return, I will report this to master.

Miao Lin, however, was waiting rather patiently in the great hall. When he sensed that people were approaching, he turned around. With a joyful look, he started walking towards the direction of the two people from afar. "Miao Lin of Advent Cloud Hall, greets High Deity Yu Jin."

"Mn." Yu Jin lightly responded. Compared to the previous happy and easy-going look, his current response was filled with unspeakable might and dominance. Even Zhu Yao could not hide her curiosity, and looked over.