Chapter 160: Sudden Change

"Let's go." Yu Yan released the restriction on the cave residence, summoned his flying sword, and pulled Zhu Yao to his side.

"Are we returning to Advent Cloud Hall?" Zhu Yao casually asked.

Yu Yan turned his head, and glanced at her. "We're returning to Lightning Divine Hall."

"Ah? But Goudan is still at Advent Cloud Hall, if I leave too far from him, won't I turn... Eh?" Only then did Zhu Yao realize that, ever since her master aided her in materializing, she had been maintaining her human form. "What's going on?"

Yu Yan stroked her head. "That female deity."

"You're referring to Tao Manfeng?" Zhu Yao widened her eyes. She suddenly recalled that she was bound by her as well, and that person was even in her dimensional space. "In other words, I won't have to be continuously tied to Goudan from now on?"

"Mn."

There was actually a benefit like this. As expected, that little bitch was a very unfortunate girl huh.

"Is it really fine to simply leave Goudan and Mushmush at Advent Cloud Hall?" Zhu Yao was a little worried. "That person who infiltrated Lightning Divine Hall might still be at Advent Cloud Hall. If..."

"His goal is us." Yu Yan frowned. "Those two are spiritual monsters in the first place. Cultivating at Advent Cloud Hall is instead better for them."

"But Mushmush, he..."

"Yu Yao!" Yu Yan interrupted her words, and said with a solemn voice. "He's not Wang Xuzhi."

"..."

Zhu Yao sent the mushroom a paper crane, telling him that she was going back to the forest first, before following her master as they prepared to return to Lightning Divine Hall. This city was not exactly very far from Lightning Divine Hall. With the speed of her master's flying sword, they would be able to return in at most an hour. However, before they could even leave, a change occurred.

Just as the flying sword rose, suddenly, the entire city trembled. All of the divine practitioners summoned their flying swords one after another, and in an instant later, cracks began to appear on the ground. As wide as a bottomless ravine, even the buildings that were nicely lined-up earlier collapsed one after another. A moment later, the entire city was swallowed by that ravine; the ground looked as though it had been cleanly sliced apart.

"Master, this is..." Even they, who were in the sky, could sense that momentary quake.

Yu Yan held onto Zhu Yao, and instantly pulled her to his side. "Follow me." This quake came too abnormally, and even he did not sense any of it before it happened. Just who made these cracked ravines?

The number of deities in the sky began to increase. Most of the people in the city were divine practitioners cultivating in isolation. This sudden quake gave them no choice but to forcefully break from their isolation. There were even people who had been carelessly injured due to the rebound of divine energy.

"What's going on?"

"Where did this ravine come from?"

"Is it an assault by the Demonic Immortals?"

More and more people began to express their doubts, and the sky was in a complete mess. Suddenly, within the expanding ravine, a figure flew out. He seemed to have suffered a serious injury, and even standing stably on his flying sword was a little difficult.

"It's a disciple from the Advent Cloud Hall district." Some people recognized him, and hurriedly went over to receive him, bringing him over to their sides. However, what they were met with was a blood-filled body, and even one of his arms was missing. And it seemed like even his Primal had suffered intense injuries. The people here possessed at least the cultivation of an Earth Deity, and even though the cracks were frightening, they weren't capable of harming these people who had already turned into deities. Most of them had only been injured by their one divine energy rebound, yet, there wasn't anyone else who was injured as heavily as he was.