Chapter 48: Cultivation Requires Entrance Examinations

When she came out, Yu Yan was already waiting for her.

He had set up a couple of formations on the empty space next to the lake, which could help her defend against the Lightning Tribulation. Under Yu Yan's instructions, Zhu Yao sat at the core of the formation. All preparations were ready, now, she only had to wait for the Heavenly Lightning to fall.

Zhu Yao took a deep breath, looked at the wide sky, and then...

The sun went down.

The hell, where's the promised Lightning Tribulation!?

Zhu Yao who had waited for an entire day, turned around, seeking assistance. "Master..." Why were there not any bolts of Tribulation Lightning? She clearly had formed her Azoth Core! When it was time to strike, it did not come, when it was not supposed to strike, it deliberately struck her! There's definitely a problem with this world!

Yu Yan did not know what was going on either. Logically speaking, his disciple was indeed at the Azoth-stage, and with the shape of her Core, the might of her Lightning Tribulation should not be weak either, hence, he made such preparations. However, it had been an entire day, yet, there was not even a single movement in the sky.

"Return for now!" He had no other ideas either. There were too many strange things happening on his disciple, he had already gotten used to it.

Zhu Yao nodded, and crawled up. Though, to practitioners, not being struck by lightning was a good thing, because, they would have one less tribulation to go through. However, why did she feel a strange dissatisfaction for being tricked?

"Wait a minute!" Yu Yan suddenly reached out his hand to stop her, and with a stern expression, he looked towards the sky. "There's the presence of Tribulation Clouds."

Zhu Yao immediately raised her head anxiously and looked towards the sky as well. Currently, it was already evening, and the sky was already half-darkened, yet, there was still a slight glow of light. After staring for a moment, suddenly, she saw a Tribulation Cloud floating over.

But...

Why the momma's egg was it so small?

Zhu Yao stared dumbfoundedly at the Tribulation Cloud that had the size of a basin. It looked as though it had rushed here hastily, as it floated very comically. It was floating towards her while leaking out air...

It was just like a car's exhaust puffing out exhaust gas. Every single puff, the cloud would shrink a little, and when it arrived above her head, it had already shrunk into the size of a bowl.

The key point was, the cloud had little sense of direction as well, as it accidentally floated past her head. And after pausing for a moment, it floated back towards her head.

The Tribulation Cloud finally stopped moving above her head, and then, as though it was brewing something, it stopped for probably a few moments, before the sounds of crackling could be heard. Within the clouds, a thin thread-like bolt of lightning was released, and it came striking down towards her.

And then...

It stopped!

The Tribulation Lightning stopped. It stopped at a place two steps away from her. It shook about frustratedly, and then, it nestled against her face. Bachi!

Zhu Yao: "......"

Yu Yan: "......"

Bachi! Bachi bachi, your sister! Don't you dare tell me you're a bolt of Tribulation Lightning!

Unfortunately, that bolt of lightning had already disappeared, and then... the Tribulation Cloud floated away!

The cloud floated away... floated away... away!