Chapter 43: Undoing the Knot in One's Heart

"You're lying!" Wang Xuzhi's brows raised slightly. "Then, according to what you said, how did you get struck by that strange Mystic Art? And who was the one that did it? And you're currently at the cultivation level of a Foundation Paragon, it could be seen that you were a practitioner in the past. Then, before you were struck with the Mystic Art, where did you train at?"

Uh... Why did little wimp suddenly become so sharp for?

"I can't tell you!"

"Why?"

"Because..." If she was going to act, then she would have to act till the end, telling half of the actual truth was the essence behind a false story. Zhu Yao blinked her eyes, and tried hard to make out a helpless and worried look. "I don't wish for you to be dragged into this. If you were to know too much, I'm afraid you might bring trouble on yourself."

"......" As expected, Wang Xuzhi was startled, and his eyes instantly became gentler by quite a bit. As though he had thought of something again, he reached out his hand and stroked her head. "As I thought, you two are very alike!"

"Alike? With who? That senior-martial sister you brought up before?" Zhu Yao continued to act.

Wang Xuzhi let out a light sigh, as though he was unwilling to bring up that topic again. "Alright, even if the Mystic Art on your body have been dispelled, you shouldn't casually run about. Especially that Xiao Yi, you must not easily make contact with him, understand?"

"Why?"

"No questions." Wang Xuzhi did not explain, and simply pulled her hand and headed outside. "I will return you to the Jade Forest Mountain. Remember not to leave the mountain so easily in the future."

Zhu Yao could not help but roll his eyes at him. The reason why I came out was because you, stinky brat. But seeing that he was alright, she was no longer worried as well. However, even if he was alright now, it did not mean that he would be this lucky in the future.

After returning to Jade Forest Mountain, she could not help but pull onto Wang Xuzhi, who was about to turn and leave.

"Earlier, did you fight with Xiao Yi at the practice field?"

Wang Xuzhi was silent for a moment, before nodding his head.

Zhu Yao could not help but let out a sigh. "Do you think that, with your cultivation level, you're able to beat him?"

Wang Xuzhi tightened his fists next to him, and hatefully gritted his teeth. "No!"

"So, you went to pick a fight with him, was to simply seek your own death?" This kid is actually so serious about courting his death as well?

"What do you know?" His face instantly became ashen, filled with the intolerance from his thoughts being hit right on mark, and his emotions suddenly began to burst out. "Do you how it feels to personally see your most important person die right in front of you? Back then, if Xiao Yi had not hesitated... if he had not hesitated!!"

"Then what about you?" Zhu Yao reminded herself not to be soft-hearted, she had to say something that was even harsher. When she saw Wang Xuzhi for the first time after she returned, she knew, her death was the biggest knot in his heart. Hence, he was stuck at the Foundation Paragon bottleneck, and had not progressed. If he were to continue to brood over this, then this knot, would definitely turn into a demon in his heart, and destroy his deity cultivation prospects in the end. And the best way to undo this knot, was to first shatter it.

"You said it was because of Xiao Yi's hesitation, which led to the death of your most important person. Since she was your most important person, then why did you have to rely on someone else to save her? What were you doing?"