Chapter 93: Jade Forest's Naming Tradition

On the early morning of the second day, Zhu Yao went straight to look for Zi Mo, and understood the matter about the Pure Yin Physique in detail.

The so-called Pure Yin Physique referred to disciples with only a single Water Spirit Vein. Because the main property of the Water Spirit Vein was gentleness, all disciples with the Water Spirit Vein had great natural comprehensive ability towards the Healing Arts.

If we were to use online gaming terms, she possessed an innate cleric physique. But the clerics of the cultivation world, were not necessary in parties and dungeon raids. Because the method of healing with the Water Spirit Vein, mainly revolved around inserting their own spiritual energy into their targets' bodies, to heal their injuries. This method was very quick, but, it was extremely dangerous. Because of the mutual clash between the five different attributes of Spirit Veins, if an non-identical spiritual energy were to be inserted to the target's body, it would bring about the rejection by the target's innate spiritual energy, and the target might die at a faster pace instead of actually being healed.

This was also why, during the Feng Yi Rescue Operation, Zi Mo sent her, whom he thought had the same Wood Spirit Vein as Feng Yi, and there was not a single person who objected to it. It's because of the fact that their spiritual energy would not clash.

But this rule did this not apply towards the Water Spirit Vein. Water had a gentle property, and was the most stable out of all of the different types of spiritual energy. If the Water Spirit Vein was used to heal, when water spiritual energy was inserted into the target's body, not only would it not cause rejection, instead, it would be absorbed and fused into the target's spiritual energy, turning into the target's spiritual energy.

This was the reason why the Water Spirit Vein was so welcomed, but, this also brought about a malpractice. Because the spiritual energy could be absorbed by the person himself, after inserting the spiritual energy into the target's body, wouldn't that mean the healer's own spiritual energy was taken away? Hence, someone harbored evil thoughts for those who possessed the Water Spirit Vein. By forcefully mating with disciples who possessed the Water Spirit Vein, other disciples could absorb the spiritual energy from their bodies, and raise their own cultivation.

And the people who had their spiritual energy harvested, were termed as furnaces. Most practitioners who possessed a Water Spirit Vein had many other Spirit Veins as well, if one was not willing, during the harvesting process, other types of spiritual energy might be carried along as well. Hence, the more affinity one had towards the Water Spirit Vein, the purer the spiritual energy harvested would be.

As for someone who only possessed a single Water Spirit Vein. Naturally, without saying, there wasn't a need to worry about harvesting process at all.

However, Heavenly Spirit Veins were very rare, and it was especially so for the Water Heavenly Spirit Vein. Ever since the start of the Ancient Era, practitioners who possessed the Water Heavenly Spirit Vein numbered less than a hundred. And, they had either died under the hands of the harvesters, or died while being harvested.

That was also the reason why Zi Mo was in such a panic when he saw that his daughter had the Heavenly Water Spirit Vein.

Naturally, things like furnaces did not have a good reputation. Though, the act would not be disgraced if they were husband and wife, and only heretic practitioners would illegally raise a few furnaces. However, who could resist the temptation of raising one's cultivation? Although one in the just faction would not daringly and openly raise a furnace, he could openly, and justifiably marry her.

But, even though it was easy to hide from a visible gun, it was hard to guard against a hidden arrow. Who would be sure that there wouldn't be any heretic practitioners making their moves in the dark?