Chapter 28: Wang Xuzhi VS Xiao Yi

"This is the finals for the Foundation group?" Yan Yuehong was at the Foundation Paragon level, same as her.

Wang Xuzhi nodded. "Third senior-martial brother is actually really amazing. He's the one who was first to obtain the qualifications to enter the finals among all of the participating Foundation disciples."

"Is it very difficult to enter the finals?"

"Extremely difficult!" He continued to explain. "Every participating disciple is an elite of the various sects. Every sect will first conduct an Intra-Sect Tournament to select three participants, and there's a total of three different groups in the Inter-Sect Tournament. There are more than ten participants in each group, and only after defeating everyone in the group, can you enter the finals."

I see. It looks this person called Yan Yuehong is actually really skilled. "In that case, you're really amazing too. You have entered the finals as well, haven't you?"

Wang Xuzhi smiled a little shyly, and nodded a little embarrassingly. This kid, back then, he was so arrogant and prideful. I didn't expect to see him change so much in just five years. I simply praised him a little, and his face reddened so easily.

Zhu Yao suddenly recalled that she promised to see his preliminary matches a few months ago. She had actually forgotten about it.

"Sorry, Xuzhi. Back then, I promised to see your matches. However, four months ago, something happened, so I never had the chance to leave the mountain." In the few days he was participating in the preliminary matches, she was recovering from the outburst of spiritual energy. When she fully recovered from it, he had already finished with the preliminaries.

"It's... It's alright!" Wang Xuzhi's face reddened even more, and then, he raised his head and looked at her in the eyes. "You... What did you call me just now...?"

"Xuzhi?" Zhu Yao looked at him a little weirdly. "Didn't you always want me to call you by your name? You're a grown-up now, I can't be calling you twerp or little wimp forever, right? What? I can't call you that?"

"You can! Of course, you can!" Wang Xuzhi hurriedly nodded his head forcefully, as though he was afraid she would change her mind.

This little wimp sure is hard to please. "When's your match?" On the ring, Yan Yuehong had already obtained victory.

Wang Xuzhi turned to look at the ring as well. "It should be the next match."

Already? Zhu Yao was a little startled, and she just happened to hear the announcement that the final match of the Essence group was next. It was between Wang Xuzhi and Xiao Yi, who had won just earlier.

"Big sister Zhu Yao, I'm going."

Zhu yao nodded, and habitually, she reached out her hand to stroke his head, smiling. "That person should be specialized in formations. You must be careful."

"Mn. I will."

"Good luck." Zhu Yao did a 'good luck' gesture. "Remember, it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's fine if you come back safe and sound."

Wang Xuzhi was startled, as though he had never thought that she would say something like that. A moment later, he revealed a brilliant smile, as though rays of light were being emitted out from him, blinding and sparkling.

Zhu Yao reflexively raised her hand to block the shine, and when she regained her senses, Wang Xuzhi had already entered the ring. Was that just her imagination? Why did she feel that the little wimp's smile was so brilliant, it almost blinded her?

The match on the ring had already begun. Facing his last opponent, Wang Xuzhi had no choice but to be even more cautious. Adding the stunning battle his opponent displayed earlier, he could not help but pay extra attention to the person in front of him.